Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

to shoot or not to shoot ?

bradley

triplebeam
this buck is a 7 pointer with a couple little stickers he does not look very old though.what would you do gethim out of the genetic pool or wait & see what he turns into in a couple of years?
picture.php

Its a great buck, but if it were me I would let him go at least another year maybe more, he has some great potential.

Gettin' deer out of the gene pool are for people who have watched way to many hunting DVD's. That deer has great potential to blow into something big IMO.

i would cull him out for sure. the less breeding he does the better if your looking to maintain more quality bucks on your place. just my opinion

Looks like a 2.5 year old pig to me, Id keep him around......I wouldn't shoot him anyways. I do not believe that you can affect the genetics in Iowa.

let him mature then shoot him. he could be uber cool in a year or two!

Deer roam alot, you trade genitics with neighbors from miles around anyway so unless you have a lot of land the best way you can get better deer is to let them grow. Just my opinion.

i never shoot bucks due to antler size at young ages i just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

See how the moment of truth strikes you. If you drawon him and would be proud to take em...dirt nap city I would say. :way:

Looks pretty young to me and I agree with others, he may blow into something special given another year or two. No brainer, let him go!

trying the "elimination from the gene pool" thing doesnt work unless your hunting in a 8' high section. See what he can grow the next couple years.

Top Bottom