Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

To Whisker Biscuit, or not?

Lemme ask you guys an opinion on my QAD experience.... No idea honestly.... When it got below about 25 degrees, it would either not go down OR it would go down super slow. When it messed up on a mammoth buck is the 1st I noticed it, 1st cold day of the year, about 20 degrees. Rest did not go down and wouldn't. Missed by a mile. The rest was brand new and didn't get knocked around at any point. Archery shop inspected it and couldn't figure it out. Couldn't find moisture in it and when it got to normal temps it worked fine. I was so ticked (which i understand any products can have issues) I put the trophy taker on and through the QAD away, didn't send it back or anything. It still had a better fate than one of my Cuddebroke cameras I put in the campfire BTW. I love my Trophy Taker rest and almost seems so much more simpler and bullet proof that I never thought of changing. Don't know what happened with my QAD (why I mention it, no idea) but not chancing it again especially with how well I like my trophy taker.

Same experience for me, actually sent mine in and got a new one and had the same thing happen again. Went to the trophy taker and have been happy since. Personally like the fact it doesn't lock in the up position but has to fall without tention.

Same experience for me, actually sent mine in and got a new one and had the same thing happen again. Went to the trophy taker and have been happy since. Personally like the fact it doesn't lock in the up position but has to fall without tention.

I'd be interested to know what could cause this. My first thought would be moisture, followed by rust. If anyone has any junk ones laying around, they should try to dissect one to see how exactly its made, and what could possibly bind up inside.

With all that said, I once had my WB snap in half on a late December hunt when it was -15 out and plastic couldn't take the cold. I did end up being able to hold it in place with a modified grip and kill the doe but it was wild. That was an early version WB so the material may be different now.

I believe if I read their product description correctly, I think the new ones have an aluminum housing that the biscuit fits into, so that should not be a problem anymore.

One thing I have concerns about is heavier arrows. I remember a very similar scenario, as was mentioned before by another response to this post, when I switched to full metal jackets where my accuracy deteriorated which prompted me to switch to the QAD. I'm wondering if that is caused by the bristles not being heavy enough to support a heavier arrow, especially the newer small diameter ones? Maybe that would have been fixed had I switched to a "small" biscuit instead of the medium one I probably had?

I'd be interested to know what could cause this. My first thought would be moisture, followed by rust. If anyone has any junk ones laying around, they should try to dissect one to see how exactly its made, and what could possibly bind up inside.

Both times the rest was brand new. I had one guy say he thought it was bouncing back up after the drop? So I dont know if it wasn't falling or bouncing? All I know is one out of a handfull of shots would be 6" off from the group. Think I still have it somewhere.

Top Bottom