Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Today's 10 Point

cybball

Well, finally filled my buck tag. Went out to a stand that would finally work for a NW wind. Nice thing, this spot is down in a valley, so the wind didn't beat me up too bad. Got in stand in the dark, and as the sun started lighting things up, things were quiet. Answered a few text messages, and watched the birds and squirrels waking up. My stand faces a large intersection of 5 major deer trails. Haven't seen much this season, but it looked like a good spot. About 7:45 I hear crashing coming at me. I hadn't been calling and the sound was upwind. I look up and three does are running full bore right at me. I knew what was coming down that trail next. I slowly grabbed my bow and got my release on the loop. As soon as I did, I look up and see antlers coming down the same trail. He got to about 20 yards and started to my right. I grunted and he stopped on a dime and looked right at me. Unfortunately for him, I was already at full draw with my twenty pin on him. He was quartering away, but barely. I released the arrow and he dropped. I hit him a little high and spined him. I ended up putting another one in him to finish the job. What a morning. Fast action and a good end to the season (except that doe tag burning a hole in my pocket now). He's not that big. I'm guessing him at 120-125 (maybe), but he's mine. Good luck to everyone still out there. This cold snap has them running hard.

1104100758a.jpg

Nice buck!! I am compared to some....... A old Man... at the Archery deal!! Along time ago , Mr. Bear said, Any animal havested legally with a bow is a trophy!!! I believe that to this day!! Great animal my friend!!:way::way::way:

Top Bottom