Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tomorrows Winds!!!

JUNIOR

Will tomorrows winds effect deer movement? Will it get deer moving or will it slow down deer movement?

winds at 5pm today are suppose to be SSE at 25mph!
will it effect them or should I hunt anyway?

I plan on sitting in a tree on the nw side of a25 acre timber, bedding area se of me. Hopefully it will be calm enough there that they will be moving.

Saw some moving this morning early, but action quit around 9 when the wind really picked up.

Last edited:
If you have a set that is out of the wind like the lee side of a valley or down in the creek bottoms, that is where all the action will be. ( according to my experiences) But then you have to deal with swirling winds and such. Depends on how much free time you have to hunt in the next two weeks! I'm taking a time out to do some chores this evening.

I hate high winds. The deer seem really skittish and I don't like swaying back and forth. I have tried getting in a valley however it wind swirls which spreads scent everywhere. I usually don't hunt.

Went out tonight in a pinch point in the timber which is right along a creek in the bottoms and didn't see a thing, ended up leaving the stand bout 30-45 minutes early to check a corn field and saw 2 bucks and a doe there, also saw a buck with his head stuck to the ground running across an alfalfa field

I went and I had 2 does a button buck and a dink buck come right under me, so it was worth it!

Went out and had a tree fall right into the tree I was planning on setting in. Had to go to plan b which was a set with marginal wind. One button buck.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom