Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Too Bad: Albino Deer Article

Bad deal. I've talked to many people who didn't know that Albino deer are protected. A couple of them didn't believe me when i told them. I'd feel bad for the guy if he didn't know.

Kinda like this law....Did you know it is illegal to anchor your boat under a bridge in Iowa.

Bad deal. I've talked to many people who didn't know that Albino deer are protected. A couple of them didn't believe me when i told them. I'd feel bad for the guy if he didn't know.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.....

Kinda like this law....Did you know it is illegal to anchor your boat under a bridge in Iowa.
I did not know that. How often is it enforced?

As long as the deer is less than 50 percent white, you can shoot it in Iowa or is it any Pie bald deer you can shoot. Hell I cant remember.

This albino or piebald deer is not an endangered species or even protected in reality. The article states that the law was made to protect a single deer when public opinion was swayed to believe they were doing something good for the animal. In reality, the deer was going to be predated by coyotes or hit by a car anyway, white deer don't last long in the wild... In many states, in fact most, they don't have laws protecting a genetically deficient deer anymore than any other deer... The deer has a genetic defect making it this way... It's not a unicorn folks... I hope the guy gets a ticket, since he deserves one for breaking the law, stupid law as it is though...
My thoughts exactly. Stupid law that needs to be changed, but it is the law and he needs to be charged.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.....

I did not know that. How often is it enforced?

Any body else see the humor in this post? Kind of contradictory if you ask me!

I agree that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but there is also no excuse for ignorant laws! This is definately one that needs to be rethought.

this was also brought up on another site, got very intersting with everyones replys to it..my biggest thing is how the artice was wrote I think the wording could of been different, but I sure am glad i "shot to death" some deer this year. and i wonder if the "slain" ones taste any different

I read in the paper today that no charges were filed because it turned out it was a fallow deer.It had scar tissue in th ear to indicate it used to have a tag.you would have thought a dnr officer would have caught that right off.

Top Bottom