Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Took a kid hunting, Part IV.

stuffy

Well if you have been a part of this website a while, you have seen this young man grow up on the Long Beard site. I started to take him hunting about four years ago. With success, he has bagged a bird each year.
This year was no different. We went out that one Sunday,(May 13th), when is was windy as all get out. Actually the only reason I wanted to go, was to make sure the blind was in the same county.
Anyway with the gale force winds, we just kept calling at the timber. About 45 minutes after sunrise, out pops this tom, about 150 yards away. I had to the wake the young man up, by tapping on his knee. I more or less said, "I think there is a good chance he will make his way towards us", Lo and behold, about 10 minutes later, another bird down.
After the hunt, I told him, he's on his own now for awhile. He heads off to college this fall.
Time sure does fly.
"You have learned well grasshopper, but you have much to learn", Kung Foo,
cool.gif

im sure glad some one else had some success to share, its been slow on here, so thanks for waiting to share
but most of all, Congrats, looked like you guys had tons of fun!!!!

Im sorry, I guess I should have added, this is my neighbor's son. This kid loves to hunt. He's worried about attending college this fall.He will be about 2 1/2 hours from home.
So you are reading this, and will also be attending Iowa State, and also love to hunt, this could be your next hunting partner.

You guys have really put the hurtin on the gobblers the past few years, congrats to both of you and my hats off to you for taking the kid along with you and getting him involved in a great sport.

Now he is off to Bad Iowa
grin.gif
, but at least he won't have a problem finding good hunting ground as it lurks not to far from there.

Congrats again fellas

Kratz

Top Bottom