Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Top 10 Things That Annoy Me While Hunting...

papajess said:
Always bring a couple field tipped arrows with you takes care of that real quick

X2 :) One day I just got so pissed at them that I found a little cnady bar in my bag crunched it up threw it at a squirrel and he went down grabbed it and I shot him then another came down and I shot it then another :) I'm with you on the I HATE SQUIRRELS!

Khughes2345 said:
How about the 1,000 blackbirds that sit above you in the same tree and sqwauk fo an hour then deuce all over you. seriously, happened last tuesday. had to break out the antlers and rattle them away, should have thought about that earlier

I've had that happen, but luckly I was in a blind :)

I will take the tree rats, but one farm I hunt a group bought the land next to it and ride four wheelers all weekend long and have a trail system throughout the woods. Even when it gets cold and snow on the ground they will come down dozens of them at a time. I know they have the right to do what they want, it therir land, but they also know of the hunters all around them. Get tired of hearing the sound of a four stroke baaahp baaahp baaahp. I feel more sorry for my friend who built a home in the country to enjoy the outdoors and every weekend has to listen to a motocross track behind him. :thrwrck:

I hate raccoons that climb up into my stands and decide to deficate in my seat. Real nice sitting down in the dark and finding a lump of crap underneath you.

Hey,,I know about quads too. Neighbor with the cell phone, has a son and friends that have torn up their once half decent hunting ground,, into quad trails. They used to be out there alot. I bought my piece for quiet too. Hard to find quiet in this world anymore. thankfully the kid has graduated and has a full time job. They don't quad much anymore. But the possibility loomes over my hunts. Especially on weekends!

Hey,,I know about quads too. Neighbor with the cell phone, has a son and friends that have torn up their once half decent hunting ground,, into quad trails. They used to be out there alot. I bought my piece for quiet too. Hard to find quiet in this world anymore. thankfully the kid has graduated and has a full time job. They don't quad much anymore. But the possibility loomes over my hunts. Especially on weekends![/QUOTE

The thing that ticks off my buddy is they all come down fron the Des Moines area, but if he was to make that much noise all weekend in their neighborhood the cops would be called. But since you are in the "country" you don't have to worry about your neighbors.

I asked for a Gamo Whisper for xmas this yr.. if its legal, u can bet ill have that thing in the stand while bowhunting... my # 1 most annoying thing ever in the stand was last weekend.. one of my neighbors kids must be learning to play an isntrument because I sat in the stand for over an hour and a half listening to the worst trombonish rendition of nic-nac paddy whack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...... I actually took a nap in the stand and woke up annd it was still playing

That's funny.

I just found my top ten

10. 20+ mph wind
9. 20+ mph wind
8. 20+ mph wind
7. 20+ mph wind
6. 20+ mph wind
5. 20+ mph wind
4. 20+ mph wind
3. 20+ mph wind
2. 20+ mph wind
1. The 20+ mph wind thats been blowing all day dies right at end of shooting light and you have to try and sneek out with no cover noise:mad:

Cooter said:
I just found my top ten

10. 20+ mph wind
9. 20+ mph wind
8. 20+ mph wind
7. 20+ mph wind
6. 20+ mph wind
5. 20+ mph wind
4. 20+ mph wind
3. 20+ mph wind
2. 20+ mph wind
1. The 20+ mph wind thats been blowing all day dies right at end of shooting light and you have to try and sneek out with no cover noise:mad:

Looks like more wind Sunday...

I was geocaching a while ago and reached into a hole at the base of tree to get a cache out that was hidden in there and squirrel came out of the same hole I had my hand in!! Scared the chit out of me!!!!!!

I just found my top ten

10. 20+ mph wind
9. 20+ mph wind
8. 20+ mph wind
7. 20+ mph wind
6. 20+ mph wind
5. 20+ mph wind
4. 20+ mph wind
3. 20+ mph wind
2. 20+ mph wind
Completely agree, although today wasn't 20 MPH winds, there was a steady breeze and then as shooting light started fading it went completely dead. I thought of this post at that exact moment.

Top Bottom