Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Top 3 bucks

mudingbuck

PMA Member
I am trying to prove a point to my younger brother. So with out starting a "My ______ is bigger there your _______!" thread. How big are your top three bucks that you have harvested? Gross score because we aren't fishing. What weapon? Also, how many hours do you hunt on avearage a year?

mudingbuck said:
I am trying to prove a point to my younger brother. So with out starting a "My ______ is bigger there your _______!" thread. How big are your top three bucks that you have harvested? Gross score because we aren't fishing. What weapon? Also, how many hours do you hunt on avearage a year?

181" 2011 bow
163" 2009 bow
150" 1992 shotgun

168" 2008 youth season with shotgun...........
......and a couple of fork horn and spikes when I was younger HAHA!

I probably get in 15-20 hunts a year. That has gone down since college, sadly.

Never really kept track of hours, but I did have 75 hrs in a wk one year... top bucks: 185ish 2002 slug, 168 3/8 2011 bow, a few more in the 140-150 range

147 Muzzy 2011
141 Muzzy 2010
130 Youth Muzzy 2006
Prolly get in around 40-50 hours a year hunting now due to college...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Keep them coming. I.have been very lucky in the past and have shoot some really nice deer with my bow and my brother thinks that every HE should shoot a monster. Trying to show him it doesnt happen like that! Keep posting your top three please!

249 5/8, 146 2/8, 139 7/8, all with a muzzleloader. Biggest bow kill is 137. Have never kept track of hours hunted, but have 4 days a week off, so I have the opportunity to hunt quite a bit.

171 bow 166 shotgun 142 bow. Hunted a lot of hours without shooting or seeing anything. I have never killed a deer in October but have logged quite a few hours. I always seem to make it a tough go! :D

182 5/8 bow kill in 2009
164 7/8 shotgun kill in 2002
154 3/8 not bow kill in 2008

I was told when I first started bow hunting, that if you can kill a buck over 150 inches, once every three to four years, you are pretty successful. That's held pretty true to my success. Last year I logged over 200 hours in the stand and got little to show for it during archery season.

I hope everyone realizes how blessed they are to hunt in such an awesome state such as IA. Most folks can't even scratch the surface with numbers like these. Truly amazing! I miss the heck out of it by the way. I've hunted several states and both of my biggest have come from good ol' IA.

before I got serious about my deer hunting, 124, 126, 133 all gun.. when I got more serious and started passing little bucks, and hunting 1 or 2 specific bucks, now my numbers have jumped, and changed to mostly bow.. the smallest of the bigger three right now sits at 146 bow :way:

Top Bottom