Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Top 3 bucks

All bow buck
203"
179"
153"
I used to hunt just about every day, mostly evenings, but only hunt about 3 or 4 times a week now until we hit the October lull which I rarely hunt anymore. When the rut kicks in it's every munute I can spare.

All bow buck
203"
179"
153"
I used to hunt just about every day, mostly evenings, but only hunt about 3 or 4 times a week now until we hit the October lull which I rarely hunt anymore. When the rut kicks in it's every munute I can spare.

You don't have to answer if ya don't want. I don't wanna be nosy, but what do you do for a living to have so much time? You are so lucky!

I can't even start to touch those bucks, we just don't grow them that big down here, but hours, I can't even begin to count, I'll just go by weeks, up until I started workin in the oilfield I hunted every afternoon when I was workin as a welder building semi trailers, we worked from 6am till 2pm and I live where I hunt. When I was still commercial and charter fishing I took off every year from October to Feburary, and since I've been in the oilfield up until this year I've been working 28 on 28 off I'd spend 27 of those days huntin

168 2011 gun
148 2010 gun
137 2011 bow
I am very lucky and blessed to have harvested 9 bucks in my life and I just turned 22... getting taught the right things at a young age really payed off, thank you stepfather!

These numbers will be somewhat funny, considering I've let a handful of 140's walk the past couple years.

1. 133 - Slug 1997
2. 128 - 2nd bowkill 1998
3. 118 - bow 2006, last buck I've killed. I was so upset with myself, I vowed I'll never kill another buck that isn't mature.

I do have a mid-160's 10pt from last season that I was chasing...but I found him dead during late muzzy, so I didn't kill him. I'm chasing his twin this season, on the same farm and I'm pretty sure he's bigger so I hope to rewrite my recordbooks after this season:way:

Great thread

1 186 Gun
2 157 Bow
3 149 Bow

100hrs a year in tree at least

Send your brother to WI.... that will make him really appreciate Iowa ;)

148" MN archery 2008. I've actually never gun hunted for deer before. My grandpa and father have always been big bowhunters so I just followed in their footsteps. In MN you can only shoot 1 deer per year so I always wanted it to be with my bow. This year we have a lease in SW WI and here you can shoot one with a gun and one with a bow. I am getting an itch to purchase a muzzy and down a buck in December.

Top Bottom