Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tough season

longtail55

Just wanted to share that my season has been pretty tough and it seems the birds seem to know exactly where Im set up and they wont commit to my decoys or come to the calls. Anybody else struggling? Ive been bowhunting out of a blind with decoys and it almost seems like they know something isn't right or I wonder if my blind is spooking them or something. Killed a bird out of the same blind last year so it's hard for me to believe its the blind. I don't know it just seems like IM having a very challenging year and the birds are def winning. Thoughts advice?

Been having the same thing happen to me. Struggling very hard to tag my first bird. I got my cousin from MO a bird on the last day of 1st season. Been out 6 times since...I setup around quit a few birds but once they fly down, commitment has been near impossible. Trying everything decoy wise: hen, hen and a jake setups havnt got them convinced, had a few spook from the dekes. just going to keep putting the hours in and hopefully connect on one. Currently got a full strut and a hen. Just keep plugging away.

Sounds like it's time to switch it up a bit. I wasn't having any luck for my second tag so I dropped the decoys and calling and busted out the fan. I ended up killing one on my first stalk. I also had success this year avoiding open fields and hunting hardwoods near roosting/strutting areas. It seems like I have better luck when I have them searching for a the source of the call rather than having them spot the decoys and hang up out of range. Still plenty of season left so I hope it picks up!

Top Bottom