Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TR React

iKill_Bucks

Looking to buy the trophy ridge react bow sight. Anyone got and comments on it? Also where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Its crap, Great Concept Poor execution. It feels cheaply made and people have been having problems with it not being level to the riser. Which results in putting a shim under a Sight which you pay more than 100 bucks for. JMO...

I've never had a line-up of sights and rests in my shop cause me more trouble than the Trophy Ridge stuff. The only product of theirs I sell that I believe in is the WhiskerBiscuit. All others are special order only sold with a disclaimer that they are not high quality and constant fixing and retuning will probably be required. In my expert opinion, there are better products on the market to put on your bow.

Just an update. I bought the TR React sight this last winter and absolutely love it. It did exactly as it said it would and I am now comfortably shooting 60 yards, 30 yards farther than I used to feel comfortable with

I had issues with not enough vertical adjustment because how my bow is setup. I think I could get about 60-70 yards out of it. I switched the the landrover sight by truglo I believe. I like practicing at long distances to prepare for the season. I'd recommend the truglo sight although this is my only two experiences with movable pin sights.

A friend of mine does have one on his creed xs and he did mention that he wishes he could raise it up a bit more. Said its maxed out of movement at 60yds. Mine is on my Creed

The problem that most people run into with single pin sights in terms of travel is mostly based on your peep height.
9 out of 10 times a fella will set his peep height in a bow shop at 20 yards or so and call it good. If you set your peep for the middle of your max range you will shoot more comfortable at close and long range and add more diatance to any movable sight. I ran into this years ago.
My wife can get right at 85 yards out of her spot hogg single pin with a 25" draw and 46#'s. I can get to right at 130 before my fletching hits my sight housing

The problem that most people run into with single pin sights in terms of travel is mostly based on your peep height. 9 out of 10 times a fella will set his peep height in a bow shop at 20 yards or so and call it good. If you set your peep for the middle of your max range you will shoot more comfortable at close and long range and add more diatance to any movable sight. I ran into this years ago. My wife can get right at 85 yards out of her spot hogg single pin with a 25" draw and 46#'s. I can get to right at 130 before my fletching hits my sight housing

Not sure. I set my peep by drawing my bow and anchoring with my eyes closed pointed at a target. Them I opened them and put my peep there.

Yeah. But im sure it is done up close to the target. Even with a fixed pin sight you are moving your anchor point ever so slightly to basically look down on your longer range pins. Its increased with a movable pin that travels quite a ways.
If you set your peep height at 20 yards but plan to practice to 100 then its hard to maintain a constant anchor or view through your peep.
If you set it for say 40 yards you will hardly notice on your close shots and it wont be so dramatic on the long shots. Most folks dont even realize they are moving their anchor to accommodate for long shots with a movable pin

If anyone's interested I actually went to Scheels yesterday with the intention of buying the TR react. When I got there they had a sale on the TR react one for $150. Needless to say I picked one up and after I mess around with it this weekend and get it dialed in, I'm certain I'll be posting my HHA for sale shortly. Love the ease of changing yardage, and the selling point was how easy it's going to be to sight in compared to my HHA. I'm not sure how long the promotion will last, but it's a great deal in my opinion.

One comment I'd like to make in regards to the TR React 5 pin; if you intend to tighten the course vertical/horizontal adjustment brackets on this sight with an Allen wrench, opposed to the tool-less adjustment knob, do so with caution.

If these bolts are snugged down too tightly, it may create a fracture through the bracket.

I've seen a handful of these sights returned to my store for this very reason.

Top Bottom