Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Traditional Doe @The Buzzer

KAZ

Well, I had responded to a post awhile back on who's shooting recurves or something like that. Shovelbuck asked for a photo of my 1987 Blackwidow HS Takedown Recurve with Blonde Maple Limbs, Diamondback Skins, Black Handle, etc.. Well I didn't have any photos, but here's a couple with a harvest from last night. I'm on to a Big Buck that's broken up but I'm ready should it all come in to place. I had the Buck last Friday @15yards just across a "forbidden" fence. Last night the buck crossed the fence and stopped @30yards, just not ideal for shooting instinctive with recurve so I did not shoot. My Mathews compound sits at home, quite capable of 30yards. Oh well, for this night I was drawn to stay with the traditional gear. After checking does, he left none the wiser. Maybe next time! Right after he left for good, a doe stepped out and I stopped her @19yards, drilled a focus behind the shoulder, reached full draw and dropped the string. A sweet pumpkin thumpin sound followed by a gurgly death run and down in fifty:grin: Right in the pocket, double lung, top entrance to the heart. I'm pleased with the outcome and I'm ready to take down the Broken Up Big Boy. Enjoy the pics!

P1070456.jpg

P1070463.jpg

P1070469.jpg

P1070470.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics, they're not the best as I was solo in the woods and needed a buddy to do the nighttime "house pics", but they should show off the bow a little for those who like that sort of thing. Thanks for reading and sharing in the harvest! Now I hope the Big Boy does something foolish;)

KAZ

Congratulations, most excellent!

Nice looking outfit. It appears to get the job done.

Top Bottom