Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tragic accident

biggest buck

Yesterday a friend of my sons was hunting out of a treestand and apparently fell and sadly passed away from the injury. Dont know too many details as of yet. The kid was only 20 or 21 years old. What a sad and aweful thing for this family.

Did this happen west of Moorhead? I had a landowner hunt call me to see if I was hunting on their property and they were very relieved when I answered my phone. Terrible tragedy!

Met Corey once. Went to a friends 21st birthday party with us. Seemed like a good guy. prayers to his family

Last edited:
Wow, that's traggic. I'll keep the family in my prayers. I can't imagine carrying a brother/son/dad out of the woods dead... gives me chills imagining that

Wow, that's traggic. I'll keep the family in my prayers. I can't imagine carrying a brother/son/dad out of the woods dead... gives me chills imagining that

Yeah. I'm fighting off tears just thinking of it. The comments to the article are unfathomable. Prayers and condolences to the family.

Very unfortunate...my condolences....was Corey related to the custers that run the outfitting business up in that area ?

Prayers to the family, kind of surreal to think he was probably just a few miles from me several mornings and evenings this fall as I hunted within a few miles of Moorhead this past fall.

Sad deal. Why still in treestand at 7:00 pm?

I would say that's probably some kind of guesstimation from police report or something and I highly doubt it's accurate. That's sad stuff, oh my. Prayers to the fam and that's just horrible stuff.

Hunter Dies After Falling from Tree Stand in Monona

A Harlan man was killed Tuesday evening after falling from a tree stand while hunting deer in Monona County.

Corey Custer, 21, was coming out of his tree stand at approximately 7 p.m. Tuesday when he fell approximately 18-23 feet while bow hunting for deer southeast of Onawa. He suffered head injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

For more information contact Kevin Baskins at 515-249-2814.

Top Bottom