Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail cam life

MN Hunter

Just curious as to what your expectations are, in terms of camera life, out of a trail camera. Do you expect to get 10 years or satisfied with just a couple? I Started buying cameras in 1997. The original camtrakker. Great camera, but I'm sure glad we got past the film cams. I have a cudde c3000 I bought in 04 I believe. It works great except when the temps drop below 0. I would be curious as to how many pics that camera has taken. Had a wildlife eye that only last a few years.

I think my oldest cam is a 2009 Bushnell. Depending on where it is located, I guess that I may get between 5000-10000 per year on it. Still no problems to this day. Fingers crossed!

Just curious as to what your expectations are, in terms of camera life, out of a trail camera. Do you expect to get 10 years or satisfied with just a couple? I Started buying cameras in 1997. The original camtrakker. Great camera, but I'm sure glad we got past the film cams. I have a cudde c3000 I bought in 04 I believe. It works great except when the temps drop below 0. I would be curious as to how many pics that camera has taken. Had a wildlife eye that only last a few years.

I have 2 c3000's that are still alive and kicking

I have a couple moultries from 06 that still work! I expect them to last forever... but they never do!

I've only run bushnells....1 is 3yrs old, one is 4, and one I bought used off this site 4 yrs ago (I think). All are still kickin. All are in bear boxes w/Python cables. Not sure if the box helps the life or not but I've had trespassers on the cameras so I continue to use them as it would be just too easy for them to steal if I didn't. I know that if they want it bad enough there's nothing I can do but this has deterred them thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I have clients still running cameras that I built them over 8 years ago. The secret is keeping the moisture out of them.

I have clients still running cameras that I built them over 8 years ago. The secret is keeping the moisture out of them.

I would bet the big camera companies know this too and that is why they avoid 100% water proof cases.

I've had a camera last 4 years.. I've had a few die within ten days

Was looking at cameras in trailcampro and clicked on cuddeback for the hell of it to see how bad a review they could get and this comes up lol

Our longest lasting cameras are the first ones we ever bought, Moultrie I-40's. I will mention that the LED screens on both of them quit but they still take good pictures and we run them all year. They are the size of a shoe box but the picture quality we get from them is still top shelf and other than the date and time being wrong (can't read the LED screen to adjust it!!) they do just fine. We bought them in '07 or '08 I believe so this would be their 7th or 8th season.

Shortest lasting cams have been Wildgame IR-4's, we've had three and I don't think any of them made it through their second season before starting to crap out. I guess when you buy a cam for $65 you get what you pay for....

I have 5 homebrews that are very old 10 to 8 years. I have several Bushnell that seem very durable one 5 years old, one 3 and a couple 2 years old. All are still running. I also have 2 Colvert Black opp. Mixed review on the texting feature due to cell coverage otherwise a good camera.

Top Bottom