Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Camera help

Rauk42

So after last night of checking cameras I need to replace four or five. I'm so sick of going through batteries and not getting pictures. Been looking at different cameras, want your guys thoughts. Looking to spend 200 or less on a camera. Also was thinking of just biting the bullet and starting to buy Reconxy cameras, a few a year and getting rid of my junk cameras. Thanks for the help!

Best luck for me is in order;
Covert
Bushnell
Moultrie

Covert and Bushnell have great battery life, new Moultries take great pics

I've had great luck with Moutries. They have really great image quality and decent battery life. I don't know how the new ones are but I'm sure they improved more.

Haven't had bad luck with any moultries... I actually picked up a hunten camera and seems to be a fairly good camera for the money.

I would not waste your money on a Reconxy. I have Bushnell black flash $249.00 and Reconxy black flash $549.00. The Bushell takes alot better night photos. In my opinion Reconxy are over rated and over priced.

Moultrie m80 & m880 (not sure of the difference inthe two) have good reviews and long battery life. I have 2 that are 6 mo old and two 18 months old (have been up the entire 18 mos). No troubles. Fine pics. Batts last ~3 mo's depending on how many pics. Can run in normal or plot mode. I also buy the made to fit bear cases for them to stop the damn camera thieves. I lag bolt the case to the tree and then lock the camer in the case. I end up with about $160 in to each set up.

+1 for moultrie. I have an m-80xt and a m-880. No difference except one is a model year newer. Great cameras. Good battery life. Nice features. An you can buy them on ebay for ~$120

Ive run cameras since the old film days and have tried about everything out there and have now landed on buying only Moultires. We currently run 6-7 D55ir's, 4 m80s, and 3 of the M880s and one of the new panoramics. Each has their pros and cons but overall, they are the best for the buck in my opinion and my cams stay out year round. The D55irs are great but take C cells and can get a bit cumbersome. My favorite overall is the new M880. As said previously its just this years version of the M80, but it is a good camera. Its small, great battery life, better than average night pics and one of the better trigger times out there. Just my opinion.

I would not waste your money on a Reconxy. I have Bushnell black flash $249.00 and Reconxy black flash $549.00. The Bushell takes alot better night photos. In my opinion Reconxy are over rated and over priced.
I'll give you $250 for your Reconyx so you can get another Bushnell!:way:

I'm with SEMN, ran a lot of cams but that M-880 is awesome. Great on batteries, takes great photos night and daytime, and very easy to set up and use.

What kind of camera life are you guys getting out of your cameras? Like moultires, coverts bushnell etc? I own 7 cuddebacks and the oldest are 11 years old. They work great up until the temperatures get cold. The 5 newest ones are 5 years old and they work great. I have one scoutguard over 5 years old that works ok but I get black pictures at night during the winter unless the batteries are fresh. I think im going to upgrade to a recoynx. 1 every other year. I've read all the reviews on every camera out there the past few years and nothing compares to a reconyx.

I'll give you $250 for your Reconyx so you can get another Bushnell!:way: Just buy me two Bushnells,:drink2: and it's yours.

Very false. The Reconyx takes tremendous nighttime photos, considerably better than the bushnell. The single positive of the bushnell is the flash distance. The bushnells have a great deal more grain and blur.

On the flip side the video mode on the trophy cams is pretty cool to use on scrapes.

I do agree for the money bushnell is the best buy but in no way is the quality anywhere near the Reconyx.

I have to agree with the Moultrie and Covert cameras! I've had three Reconyx (2 of the cheaper ones and one of the expensive ones) and I was very disappointed. The Reconyx are reliable, they have very fast trigger speed with DECENT photos. But I feel as you can get the same trigger speed and GREAT photos with Moultires or Coverts for one third the cost. Just my opinion.

Dear very false if I knew how to post pics on here I would show you.

I've been running Reconyx since 2008 and bushnell for two years. I'm very confident when I review 25,000+ pictures from each brand yearly that my assessment is correct.

It's also user error with Reconyx which means positioning the camera at the wrong angle, too far away, improper settings. Etc....

I have a couple wild game Elite 8's and am very impressed great pic quality and awesome battery life. Plus fast trigger speed with the viewing screen on the front so you don't have to bother pulling cards. I know they are a newer brand but they be worked great for me.

Without a doubt Reconyx are the best cameras out there. No dry fires and you know you will never miss a thing. That being said, they are very expensive and I needed more cameras so I opted toward Bushnell and Covert cameras. I do get a few more dry fires from my Covert MP6 camera but I am still satisfied with it, especially since I paid $115 per camera. I run the Bushnell 119466 model black flash cameras. I believe they are the 2011 model and have had excellent success with these. Very reliable cameras.

Top Bottom