Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Camera Mounting

guitarzan

Has anyone ever tired mounting a camera in a tree, off the ground? Do they work as well in the air aiming down? I'm thinking in respect to thieves. I know you won't stop someone that really wants one, but it may keep someone from stumbling on to one and walking out of the timber with it under their arm.

that would make for some interesting photos.....
thats all i know

been doing it for years. You dont cover as much ground, but it helps conceal the camera.

I also put my cams up this way a lot. Carry one LW stick with me gets the camera over 10 feet up. I think the flash from above bothers them less and it definitely is less obvious to people walking through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of seeing some pics from this angle? </div></div>

0528.jpg

My system is pretty hi-tech. I pick up a stick and wedge it behind the back of the camera, then snug down the cable lock to hold everything in place. The higher the camera the thicker the stick for more tilt.

Top Bottom