Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Camera Problems

Kutzke45

I have a wildgame innovations and for some reason I am not getting good pictures. I get a lot of pics that are just a white screen. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Thank you

Got the same problem with trail innovations cam just figured thats what I get for buyin cheap cam but if anyone know the fix willin to try

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I have the W6X2. It was the twin pack you can buy at Gander Mountain. And it's not like they're cheap because they cost $120 a piece. Also I'm in college and can't afford the top of the line. It has taken many good pictures it just sometimes takes all white ones hah. I never really payed attention to what direction I face it, but I was told you can't face it towards the sunrise/set or you will get those pics. So I moved the direction and I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow.

What direction is the camera facing??? Do NOT face east or west. The sunrise and sun set can give you false triggers. But as stated above, These cameras are not the best.

I've been using the WGI cameras for the last 4 or so years. They have outlasted and taken better pics than any of the other cameras I have had over the years.
Fresh, good quality batteries are the key !

Part of my problem could be direction will relocate this weekend and see if it improves thnks for the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using IW

The 2 I tried both had white images when the infared tried to work, so I got no night time pics, only daytime, they sucked, I've had buddies have the same problems.

I have a brand WGI W8E, the first 20 pics were white. I have no idea why. I suspect it be from tripping the camera too close, I dunno. Others still come out white occasionally but I have seen some good ones too. The video seems OK, day and night.

It is less than a week old with brand new duracells. I will probably return it. I have tried calling WGI customer support several times and wait on hold for 10 or 15 minutes before hanging up.

So for the next one? Bushnell HD? Primos CR Blackout? Cudde?

Has anyone figured out the white?

I have a Sony P41 homemade yeti cam that works great, I don't want to make another. Not even sure if that website still exists.

I loved my primos up two nights ago. Went to check it and the camera was off. It took pictures of me while I was at the camera sight putting it out, and then I left and it took 1 other picture(which should have been a 5 picture burst, but only got 1 single pic) and then turned off. Batteries were only a week old. Put it out with new batteries in a spot that it will take pictures and I can get to it to check it tomorrow to see if that fixed the problem. This is the second camera that this has happened to for me. Mine is the truth 60 model. The first one did something similar and their Customer Service told me to send it in and they sent me a new one, so their service was outstanding, but I think a camera that was originally 180, should last more than 9 months. I already emailed them to tell them the problems and will see what they say.
Have seen nothing but good things from the Bushnell that my brother runs along with his Cudde. Plus side to his Bushnell is that it has the 3 picture burst which I like.

I run four different models of camera. Its very important to not switch the cards around. Ive gotten to where i just carry my laptop with me and dump the pics on site.

I have a bushnell trophy 8. Takes good pics, only drawback is it is a little weak on the flash in my opinion. Batteries last a long time, all year. I would like more then a three pic burst though. All in all when the time comes to buy another i would buy one of these.

I have a cheap moultrie, by camera price standards. hundred dollars few years old. It is very simple. No burst mode and a minute delay is the shortest time. Its pics at night are blurry but the daytime photos are of good quality.

I run two stealth cams that are a buddies. They are different models and im not sure what they are called. One is camo and one is all black. They both take good pics, day and night. THe camo one takes all white pics too often, doesnt seem to matter which way it is faced. THey have a nine pic burst mode which is nice especially when you have them on trails. They also burn through batteries quicker then the bushnell. I believe that these were higher dollar cameras when purchased but have been holding up.

Top Bottom