Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cameras

picture.php

In my opinion the best value out there is the M990I Moultrie. I'm going to get a few Coverts in the offseason and give them a try next year.

I switched from Cuddeback to covert and couldn't be happier. My coverts are getting at least 20,000 pics a set of batteries and they are still at least half juice left. I'm anal so I change them out at half. The cold had absolutely no effect on mine. I have a couple mpe5 and mp6s

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Avoid cuddeback and wild game innovations at all cost......... I strictly run Reconyx and covert but you can't go wrong with bushnell or Moultrie either

Just ordered a new browning to add to our fleet. We are currently running cams from Moultrie (3 M80's and 2 OLD I40's) and Bushnell (2 Trophy Cam's from 2010, both started getting twitchy this year). We've had good success with our M80's so far and in addition to the ones listed above (which our on our main property) my brother inlaw currently has one on another farm as well that has done well for him. Good picture quality, reliability and battery life for us so far but I have heard several comments that new versions are not as reliable. Our neighbor bought an M880 on our recommendation a year or so ago and did have issues with his, although I think in the end it was an SD card issue if I remember right.

We have also had 3 of the cheap IR4's from Wild Game (all crapped out within a few seasons) and an older Stealth Cam that was my first ever trail cam, don't remember the model number on that one but it's an old white flash cam.

I don't think I would ever buy another WGI camera unless they proved to me that they had come a long way. After three tries with them and all three failing.....

As I said above, I am trying a browning now and am curious to see how it does after reading good reviews on several different sites. The model I ordered is their "low end" version so we'll see how it does.

Covert is another brand I have been interested in and with the positive comments on here maybe I'll take a harder look.

Last edited:
I have been happy with my bushnells this year. Unfortunately bought a cuddyback also just because I needed a camera and it was all they had. Lots of blurry pictures. Wasted $150

I have two Brownings up right now and light exposure on daylight pictures is an issue. They also get some false triggers from things. It's what I would expect from a 100.00 camera. My bushnells take great daytime photos but night is grainy. Defection circuit is awesome. Both my cuddes have failed. I'd guess at somewhere from 50,000-75,000 pictures. That's basically just warming up for my reconyx cams.

Top Bottom