Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail timers, and Binoculars

J

jason

Im thinking about ordering a trail timer from cabelas, since Im having a hard time pattering deer. Do any of you guys own one? Do they help? Where are good places to put them, depending on time of season? (On trails, around scrapes, rubs, or on the edges of fields?)

And what is a good pair of binoculars?
Whats a good round about power? My price rang is no higher than $85.

Thanks and good hunting

Jason

How about a cheap game camera?That way you could see the animal to know if its a deer or something else.Just a thought.

woods

Not sure how other guys do it, but I haven't been able to time a deer with my trail camera. I do a better job scouting my land after a rain, especially when the rain ends after midnight. The tracks tell me where they came from and where they are going in the morning.

Jason,
I would recommend 8x for hunting here in Iowa and I would go with one of the lighter fullsize binoculars like 8 x 40. This will allow for better viewing during low-light at dawn and dusk. You might want to consider waiting until you get a little more money saved. I don't think you'll be satisfied with $85 optics depending on how much you plan to use them.

Good Luck
TB

TRAIL TIMERS WORK FINE PLACE THEM ON A WELL USED TRAIL ABOUT 18" HIGH IF YOU CAN AFFORD 2 THEN PUT ONE UP ABOUT 20 YRDS FROM THE OTHER WHERE YOU WILL KNOW WHICH DIRECTION THEY ARE GOING . BESIDES DOE OR BUCK SOON ONES GOING TO LEAD YOU TO THE OTHER ! AS FOR BINCS GO TO UBID.COM I PICKED UP A PAIR 8X40 AT A RESONABLE PRICE AND I THINK THEY WORK GREAT GOOD LOOK

Top Bottom