Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Transferring to Alaska

sw outdoor nut

I am in the service and have dreamed about being stationed in Alaska my whole career, my dreams became a reality a few days ago. I have to do a tour in Iraq first, but this will keep me pumped anytime things get tough. It has been a dream of mine to harvest a bull moose w/bow. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself once up there: caribou, sheep, moose, bear....wait salmon, halibut, Oh no :D. Good problem to have. God is great! We won't leave for two more years. Any tips for any of you who have been up there? Thanks!

Congrats, that's awesome!! Have fun and I look forward to seeing some of your experiences on here.

Wish you the best overseas as well.

Your gonna love it!!! The only bad thing I could find wrong up there was no whitetails. The fishing is great, so that may off set it a little. Congrats!

Man, your gonna love it. Been there twice and the way I describe it is..........

Look at some professional outdoors photo's of Alaska then multiply that times 10. Simply a beautiful state to live or visit.

I will be going back at some point. My goal is to get a Moose. Much tougher than I thought it was gonna be but I will do it.

Top Bottom