Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trapper Knox

dbltree

Super Moderator
Graduated the other day...seems like only yesterday he was just a child, running up the stairs at daybreak to jump in bed with us or asking some "impossible" question to which Dad's are expected to answer...

I watched him on the stage as he gave a speech, something he volunteered to do and I couldn't believe 18 years had went by. Where did it go, how did it happen....seems like it all happened in a flash, in the blink of an eye but there he stood once a boy, now a man.

To say that I am a proud Dad would of course be an an understatement but there are few words to really say the emotion I feel. Other Dads have been in my shoes and many of you will be in years to come.

Since I have often shared pictures of Jesse's trapping and hunting adventures here on IW I would like to share some thoughts, emotions and pictures. Jesse has an amazing strong faith in God so can you find my thoughts by paging down a little in this link:

My Journey - tribute to my son

Jesse will be attending a comunity college this fall so I hope we will have time to continue to make more outdoor memories. :)

Jess310-05-08.jpg

Congratulations Dbl. on raising such a fine young man.

You and your wife should be two proud parents.

I have one graduating from preschool tonight and my oldest graduating
this Sunday with his open house tomorrow night.

It seems like only yesterday I was watching them being born at the hospital.

Hope you have plenty more memories with him in the future.

Paul, congrats on raising a great young man to adulthood. I know you have taught him well, and he will make you proud for years and years to come. Well done.

Tell your son congrats. I have some thoughts that there are alot of animals waiting for him to provide homes and food for them. Some already have seen some of his work.

dbltree...... Congrats! He is a very fortunate young man to have you as his father. I'm preparing for a double B-day party this weekend for my sons who are 5 and 3. Your post and link really got my attention..... Thanks!

Last edited:
Congrat's to both of you Paul. You've definitely succeeded in fatherhood, something that seems to be lacking at times in this day and age. Glad to hear he's sticking fairly close too.

Congrats!!

Another excellent read...there is nothing better than a proud parent, who has good reason to be proud that is. You have a great son there Paul, congrats to your whole family!!

Where does time go Paul? He has grown into a fine young man and it has to be comforting to know you played a major roll in the paths he chose. One day he will tell stories of your time spent together in the fields and woods and beam with pride as you do when speaking of your father. Congrats to Jess and also to you and Lorie, YOU DONE GOOD!! :)

Wow! I am so glad that I read that. As I prepare to give my son his 8th birthday gift, I realize how fast it is going and all too soon I will be where you are now. I pray daily that my children will grow into a person just like the one you described in your tribute to your son. You should be very proud of yourself for providing the foundation that your son is built on.

Take care Paul and thanks for sharing. And pass along the same contratulations to your wife for a child well raised!:way:

There is an old saying "The sins of the father are visited upon the son". In your case I think Jess has a clear road ahead.

Congarts Paul and Lori and congats to Jess for being an outstanding young man.

The 'Bonker

Very nice to look at this again Paul....gives me some great encouragement raising my son!

Thanks for sharing so we can all see what a 'real man' looks like! ;)

Top Bottom