Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trappers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'll probably have some nice looking beaver in there before dec
smirk.gif
I have always beeen a fan of the beaver pic's.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go- bringing up Kaare's college days

Damn I miss college!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I trapped when I was young, the prices dropped in the early 90's, I foolishly let that be my reason to hang it up.
By the time I realized I really enjoyed it more than just putting money in the bank I was addicted to bowhunting. Pretty tough to run a line and get a good amount of bowhunting in. So much for trapping... maybe if they moved all the fur seasons to April. Nah, I'd probably be divorced then.
smirk.gif

I've got a deep appreciation for those who still trap, it's usually not about the money. Lets see your pics.

[ QUOTE ]
Love it, trapped for a few decades myself but haven't the past few years due to the market going flat & the decline of muskrats. Still have all my supplies & would love to get at it again. Let's see some pics!

[/ QUOTE ] We got 6.50 for rats last year. You missed out. Won't bring that much this year.

$6.50 for rats is nothing. Back in 79-80, I got $7-$8 for rats, $40 for coon, $70-$80 for fox, and on and on.

I had been making $3.85 an hour at Winnebago before I quit to trap full time. A new Ford 3/4-ton 4x4 pickup was $9995. About as much as guy could make trapping your arse off for the month of November. DIdn't get much sleep back then. I kept telling my wife I could sleep all summer!

I made a darn good living trapping back in the day... up until '87 when Black Monday hit and the bottom fell out. The competiton and thievery was unbeleiveable though. You don't want that again.

Trapped for over 25 yrs.Got more pictures than I could possibly share.Litterally 100's of coyote,cats,beaver,coons.In "99" caught 46 cats and 65 coyotes. I'll go through some of the best and post when I get some time.

I used to trap dawn to way dark, it was a vicious cycle ! when trapping i was always thiking should be in the tree. when in the tree , i should be checking traps!!! now i just sit in the tree!

Top Bottom