Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trapping 2015

Fishbonker

Life Member
The weather cooled off enough yesterday it felt down right fall like outside. It kinda got my trapping juices flowing. I couldn't wait until November so I put out some traps last night.

I could see one of the traps was sprung this morning but I was running a little late for work so I didn't have time to check it.

When I got home this evening I grabbed a can of trap checking juice and went out to see what, if anything, my trap had caught. Here are some photos of trapping in July:

IMG_0019_zpsevnytr0f.jpg

IMG_0021_zpsn7ew6682.jpg

IMG_0026_zpsylcwvayp.jpg

IMG_0029_zpspgddteqk.jpg

Whackamole, 'Bonker style.

My wife asked if I wanted to use some tapifeakinoca for mole bait and I said I wanted to trap them not poison them.

Anyway, I thought I'd get the 2015 trapping thread started early this year.

Nicely done Bonks...Looks like you've been enjoying a lil too much "Memphis bbq" :D So much for training for the TR mountains this fall.

I wish I hadn't deleted all my June/July trapping pics... kids are up to 8 moles thus far.

Nice! I've got one (below) and have the trap set as I type (well, hopefully not as I hope it got one today). Forgot to take a pic of the gopher I got a few months ago. So I'm at one gopher, one mole so far.

Nicely done Bonks...Looks like you've been enjoying a lil too much "Memphis bbq" :D So much for training for the TR mountains this fall.

Come on now, everyone knows the camera adds 5 pounds. The other 8 are from beer, cheese curls and mint chocolate chip ice cream sammichs. Only 2 more pounds to reach my goal of gaining 15 pounds. The way I'm goin it should be sometime next week.

I wish I hadn't deleted all my June/July trapping pics... kids are up to 8 moles thus far.

Holy buckets. What are you using for traps? No matter what style I try the old style like the one above work the best. I have some newer versions of that style but the spring just isn't powerfull enough.

8_zps0cuvhgpa.jpg

9_zpsiz1ioqcy.jpg

12274538_1253118194705765_6495181780114820591_n_zps2181d1nh.jpg

Anybody else trapping this year?

Some will understand the penguin reference others will be left to scratch their heads and wonder what the heck is he talking about.

Love the coyote checking out the bucket set, I actually caught one a couple years ago in a 220 bucket.

I trapped for a week, caught a few coons, less possums than normal and no skunks. Sold the coons last week for a 3.75 avg. Pulled a beaver over 60 lbs and an otter from the same spot then the river came up 5 ft.

Planned on setting more traps today but don't feel like fighting muddy fields and rising cricks so I may just give up till it freezes.

Top Bottom