Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trapping 2023-2024

Caught my first 2 beavs in the spring season this weekend. A 45 and 50 respectively. As you can see by the strained smile. Today was slow, but dispersal should start soon and it should pick up.
View attachment 127091
Too bad you don't live closer. We could definitely use an ambitious beaver trapper. The guy that has trapped here forever is getting old enough he doesn't do it as much as he used to.

Too bad you don't live closer. We could definitely use an ambitious beaver trapper. The guy that has trapped here forever is getting old enough he doesn't do it as much as he used to.
I’ve got a buddy in the Fairfax area that traps beavs. I’m not sure how far that is from you.

Fur prices what they are, that’s probably further than he’d like to drive. But you never know.
I figured that too. Them being a bigger problem than normal I think is from the dry weather. Normally we have a couple good rains each year that will tear their dams out, but haven't had a rain like that in well over a year. Just don't want their dams getting big enough to back water into the fields.

Top Bottom