Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Farmer to go on Trial next week:

At the risk of
411BeatDeadHorse.gif

Kelly Trial

thanks for the link.
I end up at the same place as most people here, but I think this is just another case of "me, my, & I". the world revolves around me so piss on everyone else.
He broke the law, simple as that. GUILTY
mad.gif

I just find it funny that I shed hunt tons of state parks each year that have some of the most beautiful pine groves that are anywhere from full grown to half grown and each one seems to not even miss a tree in a row and I know these places have more deer than I could imagine this guy has. So I wonder how did they ever do it?
grin.gif
Personally, I hope the guy loses this battle.
smile.gif

Mr. Kelly admittedly has been trying to get arrested for shooting deer w/o a license for the past several years so he could elevate his argument through the court system. However, his argument is, in my opinion, very weak because of the many changes that have occurred since the 1915 precedence (State v. Ward) that Mr Kelly is hanging his hat on. The state now has a “Wildlife Damage Management Program” and a “Deer hunter referral registry” among other things and if Mr Kelly intentions were genuine he should have exhausted his efforts with both of those programs before attempting to take matters into his own hands.

The bottom line is that if you rob a bank you’re a bank robber, if you steal a car you’re a car thief, if you shoot a deer without a license you’re a poacher and in each case, you’re a criminal and criminals need adequate punishment to deter a repeat of their actions. If you’re a law abiding citizen, the issue starts and ends right there!

Throw the book at him. There are way too many other options that this guy could've chosen which were legal. A law is a law, so obide by it or expect to be prosecuted.

Remember the show Hawaii 50, and he would say BOOK him DANO !!!! Well give him some FINE and JAIL time and see what he will think to do next time !!

Well, it's over (I think, not sure what Kelly has up his sleeve next
confused.gif
).

Kelly guilty

Tree farmer guilty in deer killing case
TIPTON - A Cedar County jury found tree farmer Kevin Kelly guilty today of killing a deer out of season with a rifle on June 2.

The four-woman, two-man jury deliberated about an hour before returning its verdict.

Judge Bobbi Alper sentenced Kelly immediately after the verdict was read. He was fined $100 on each count, plus court costs and a $1,500 civil assessment for the value of the deer.

One important result of the trial, Kelly said, is that “we proved that the necessity defense is viable. Now we can take some steps to find out how to prevail under it.”

The verdict upheld the importance that Iowans attach to wildlife, according to Department of Natural Resources conservation officer Shawn Meier, who issued the citations to Kelly.

Seems a low fine. Still would have made a good start on a fence that he then would have been able to depreciate/deduct on his tax return.

Top Bottom