Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

tree seedling damage

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
The latest batch of shrubs we planted was 121 crannberries. Russ and I walked, counted, and flagged each one individually. two weeks later we go back and check on them and they are budding like crazy! However there were 8 or 9 that were dug up and laying off to the side of the hole, it looks like we just forgot to plant them and the sat there but we double checked and counted each one?? Just curious if anyone else has had animals completely pull out or dig up new seedlings? Also what would do this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious if anyone else has had animals completely pull out or dig up new seedlings? </div></div>
Yep...as mentioned already, it does happen most likely by coons but I honestly don't know.

It is disheartening thats for sure. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago on an ill-fated persimmon tree planting session. (ALWAYS fence the new trees!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif)

Several were nipped by deer I assume, but a couple of them were just plain dug up, by what I do not know. Maybe Bigfoot and his pet puma! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom