Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree stand in a Birch?

JayEC

I'm extremely frustrated with getting winded in a current stand, the way the wind swirls due to being on a ridge and having an opening in the woods downhill seems to get me in trouble no matter which way the wind is. Has anyone used River Birch to put a stand in? It is a healthy tree but the only tree with enough size that is still in a good enough location to offer me decent ranged shots. I've always thought they were too flimsy?

I've put plenty of stands in river birch. Using a climber in them is am experience all its own when sliding on the bark but I've got multiple stands in river birch right now both ladder and hang ons.

Have had a few river birch go down during big windstorm but no worse than any other tree. On a river bottom we hunt that is our only option.

I wouldn't put a stand in a River Birch. They are not a strong tree and tend to break off and have weak limb junctions. I would go with some kind of blind in this situation.

Top Bottom