Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Stand Umbrella

Liv4Rut

I am sure most will laugh but I actually broke down and bought one of these for the 1st season opener where it poured all day. I have great rain gear that keeps me dry but it gets old getting poured on all day.

Suprisingly the thing worked like a champ, easy to set up and didn't flap in the wind at all. After about 4 hours it started seeping through around the hub but only dripped once in awhile. Definitely a heck of a lot better than sitting in the down pour and it wasn't noisy at all. The deer didn't seem to mind it either.

I guess I have spent the last 18 years just sucking it up and sitting it out in a down pour but never again. Just thought I would throw that out there as something I tried and worked. I always viewed them as ridiculous but I guess you live and learn.

Anyone else ever use one?

Yea, I have one, works great, but mine is getting old and the wind is hard on it. I found it does not work great in a down pour, but in a light rain with little wind, you stay dry.

Mike, had 1 for years but never used it. Sure wish I would have remembered I had it 1st season Saturday. I sat dark to dark but had good gear on. Passed some nice deer, it overall was a fun day but wearing .

I hear yah there Travis. I have great rain gear as well but it always seems that around my handcuffs where the gloves meet gets wet and over time some starts to drip in around my hood. I think what I liked most was it kept my pack dry and also my gun.

ARbowhuntr, I guess that day was a good steady rain but not really a down pour. Wasn't terribly windy either. I could see where a downpour and high wind may be an issue. Definitely nice to have in the bag of tricks though.

I too thought of these umbrellas as gimmicks...until I used one once. :way: :D

They really are quite effective in keeping you dry in a stand, just check your clearances if you are bow hunting so a shot opportunity is not blocked by an overhead umbrella.

I bought two of the gorilla ones for putting over my antlertrap buckets of grain to keep ice and snow out.. haven't tried them hunting.. figured I looked like enough of a blob in the tree without them.. maybe ill have to try it next yr

I used one first season shotgun as well. I was going to suck it up but I'm sure glad I didn't because it worked great and was well worth the money. Got a nice 10 pointer under it lol

Nice to know, I had pondered these things for awhile but never chomped on one because they looked too gimmicky. Maybe the Deer View Mirror is the next great unknown product?

Top Bottom