Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Stand Up

DE2IA

Hey guys, I have several ladder stands to put up next week and was looking for ways to make it easier. Came across the Tree Stand Up during my search. The video on their site looks like they will be a big help. I ordered a set but was just wondering if anyone on here has tried them and if so how they worked.

http://treestandup.com/index.php

Any other suggestions or tips for getting two man ladder stands up? I will have my 11 year old son with me as a helper.
I have put them up before but keep thinking that there must be an easier way!!!

FYI....I am not affiliated with TSU in any way.

Holy cow! How did they get a video of me putting up ladder stands without me even knowing it!?!??!?!?! :D

Seriously, that is a nice idea, I hope they have success with that. I have used a ladder on the "back" side of the target tree and then using a rope hoisted the assembled ladder stand up the "front" side of the tree. A bit unwieldy, but safer than some of the other ways I did it in years past! :grin:

its easier to just lift the stand where you sit first, then just work your way down the ladder ...that way it does not get top heavy.

we use the winch cable on the atv up over a branch above where its going and winch it up...much easier and easir to sinch it tighter as welll.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will let you know how these things work after I try them out next week.

If i order those i wont have to go with my buddy any more to help put up the stands. I am the one that stands on the bottom of the ladder while he pushes it up. Now i can just stand around and drink beer.:drink2:

If i order those i wont have to go with my buddy any more to help put up the stands. I am the one that stands on the bottom of the ladder while he pushes it up. Now i can just stand around and drink beer.:drink2:

Brilliant ! now I have more time to consume!!! Burp!!

What I have found that works best for me is using 2 - 20ft ratchet straps. I put both straps on the top of the stand and then walk the stand up to the tree. Then I walk the straps around the tree and attach back to the tree stand. It's the same thing as using those ropes that come with the stands but the ratchet straps secure the stand better. Then I climb up and attach a regular strap normally I put up all my ladder stands by myself this way and its very safe and secure

Well, I did end up using the Tree Stand Ups last week to put up my stands and they worked! They worked just like in the video!! I was glad I spent the money on them.
The ratchet strap idea sounds good too....thanks.

Well, I did end up using the Tree Stand Ups last week to put up my stands and they worked! They worked just like in the video!! I was glad I spent the money on them.
The ratchet strap idea sounds good too....thanks.

I tried mine out on Saturday.. I would never do it with out them. They work. WELL!

I have thought about getting those, but have been wondering if they really work as well as the video shows. We have 6 or 7 doubles and they are a bear to put up. These would make things a lot easier. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom