Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Stands

Elitebowhunter

Ok. I am wondering if im doing this right. I usually hang my stands on the edges of timbers with a pasture or a field. I dont know what you guys do. Do you hang your stands in the middle of a timber by a river, feeding area, bedding area or just on a good trail by fence?

For me evey situation is diffrent. There are so many variables depending on if I'm hunting does or bucks, time of the year, weather, etc. Here are a few examples. If it is October and the deer are hitting the acorns I will probably be set up on a travel route between bedding or fields depending on morning or night trying to catch them moving through the Oaks in the morning on the way back to their beds or in the evening on way to the fields. If it is late October and I'm trying to rattle in a buck checking for early does or establishing dominance I may be on a field edge trying to catch one on the move. November takes me to trails around bedding areas using any available funnel to my advantage. And late season will probably have me set up on a food source. Hope this helps a little. Just get out there and try diffrent setups, they are your best lessons.

There are many variables, but keep this in mind...

Set your stands where you can get in AND out of them without alerting deer. Set up multiple sites so you have choices for different wind directions too.

Generally speaking, I like points of timber that stretch out into a field.

Top Bottom