Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Treestand relief?

dantheman

Yes, I'm taking it here... Long sits on the stand lead to the infamous peepee dance! Looking for somewhat "scent free" solutions to treestand relief :)

Just let it fly. I have done it for over 20 years and have never, ever had a deer act even the slightest bit uneasy about smelling it. Quite the opposite. I have shot several does while they were smelling it or even licking if off the leaves.

Yep, just let it fly. I have urinated in scrapes that I have put a trail camera over. No difference in pictures. Sometimes it can be noisy when letting it go from 25 feet tho.

Last year had a small buck lay 30 yards down wind of me for over an hr. I finally could hold it any longer deer lifted his nose and smelled but continued to lay there.

On a more serious side. Deer dont care. I have gone off the stand and never had a problem. I and many others even pee in scrapes and I can tell you that WORKS. I even had a mock scrape last year that was not getting any action, so i peed on it. It got tore up after that!

Peeing in scrapes is one of the best ways to increase action, the stickier and stronger the urine in a scrape the better. I have shot 2 bucks over 170 who were standing in wet leaves I had peed in from scrape

I agree, let it fly! When making mock scrapes I pee in them as well, I had 630 pictures on a mock scrape in only 4 days time.

Agree, let er rip!

I used to take a gatorade bottle, but been letting fly from above with no problems for quite a few years.

I think most of us are pretty competitive, have a competition with yourself. See how much arch you can get and how many feet out you can get the stream to go.

Don't ever #2 off your stand. I had to once a few years back for an emergency evacuation after a night of wings and beer. I didn't see any deer that day.

This just goes against everything I've been taught about scent control. I've heard countless people say to just piss off the stand, but will continue taking an old gatorade bottle to piss in.

This just goes against everything I've been taught about scent control. I've heard countless people say to just piss off the stand, but will continue taking an old gatorade bottle to piss in.

I used to think this way but I have done a few experiments and deer are not scared of the scent. Not sure about #2 but certainly #1 from a stand is perfectly fine.

There is significant mis-information in the scent control industry IMO. I spray my boots at pantlegs on the way in, shower before a hunt, and wash my clothes regularly but that is it. My main focus is hunting the wind and doing everything I can to keep my scent trail in and out of the area to a minimum. I also do everything I can to avoid sweating on the way in and out. When I started to take this approach, my success improved dramatically.

Let it fly dude....

Last edited:
Top Bottom