Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TreeSuit Setup - Any Experiences?

B

Bowdoc

The Treesuit, which is made in Iowa, is an interesting concept. Do any of you use it or have experience with it? I tried one a few years ago but didn't feel comfortable with it. I see they have changed it somewhat recently and was interested in feedback.
shocked.gif

Jerry

Hi Jerry....Yes, They have made some changes since those early days. We use them in Saskatechewan or anywhere else the weather gets too cold. The new ones are windproof and thinsulated. Takes a second to get accustomed to it, but a couple of shots for practice and you can bowhunt with no probem, gun hunt easier.. I think a good concept although a bit pricey. Regards, Jay

Several of my friends and I have used them. Once you learn how to use it you can get set up quickly and get a lot out of it. I think the fact that your sort of hugging the tree realy helps to break up your outline. I've taken two deer with one. One of my good friends has sold all of his other tree stands.

Tonight was the last night of our summer archery league. Jason Nolz was demostraiting the Treesuit afterwards. Here's a couple pictures I took of him showing people how to move/draw.

anamosa_suit_1_a.jpg

anamosa_suit_2_a.jpg

I think one of my biggest concerns is the best way to climb the tree. I hate the work of screw-in steps - too much sweat! I know some use the Lone wolf sticks and others use remington sticks. Some use spiked shoes of some sort. What is the quickest & easiest way to get up the trees?
rolleyes.gif

Jerry

Bowdoc,
Take a cordless drill with you and drill a small pilot hole before putting in your screw in steps, saves a lot of time and energy!
That's what I do.
Just a thought.

P.S. Of course I wouldn't recommend this if you plan on hunting the stand at that time.

Pupster

Well, I got my treesuit the other day - now I got to figure out how to wear it. Then I can figure out how to use it on a tree. Looks like it's gonna take some practice for sure! I imagine if I ever get the hang of it (literally), I'll be Okay!
cool.gif

Jerry

I just got one about a week ago. I've been throwing it on after work and practicing in the backyard with it. I got some boot spikes to climb the tree and put to tree screws to stand on once I get up. It took some practicing but feel pretty confident with it now. Getting some funny looks from the neighbors though, LOL.

I think it will be nice to get in & up a tree quickly. I'm planning on just setting up tree steps this year and using the tree suit for all my stand locations. Plus I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my stands since I won't be leaving them in the woods anymore.

Top Bottom