Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trenton's 3rd Turkey!!!

bowman

Super Moderator
Daddy took a few hours off and let Trenton miss a few hours of school for an opening morning hunt. After a face off with a skunk on the walk in, we were settled in by 5:30 am. The first tom was shy of the strutter decoy and circled at 60 yards gobbling and strutting but just walked away. Another tom walked past across the creek but showed no interest. At 7:30 Trent spotted a tom strutting at about 120 yards followed by 3 hens and another strutting tom.

After ignoring the calls I gobbled once and the rear tom looked our way. A few aggressive purs and he headed our way. He responded slowly and somehow I bumped the record button off on the video camera.:( Trenton dropped him in his tracks at 25 yards. I got him flopping on video and some great footage of Trenton giving praise and thanking God for his blessing.

1040-trenton1.jpg

1040-trenton2.jpg

Little brother was excited to jump in for a photo when we got home!

1040-trenton3.jpg

As all fathers are, I'm very proud of Trenton. He shot his first turkey at 5 and now has one jake, 2 toms, and two does at the young age of 8. Although I'm sure it will happen, he has yet to miss.

Congrats little buddy! I'm proud of you!:way:

Sounds like a great morning. Tell Trent congrats on a great tom, sounds like you have some competition awaiting you in the near future in the timber :)

Kratz

Congrats to Trenton!! Nice going!

I always wonder how you guys do it with those blinds out in the open, it seems like every time I have tried it the turkeys shy away from them at about 40 yards or so.

Nice work pal!! Excellent job! Can't wait to take my son out someday...

And way to give thanks to the deserving one... :way:

Nicely done...looks to have been a beautiful morning out there! Congrats to both of you :way:

NWBuck

Top Bottom