Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespasser paint bomb

I saw that too. Not sure I believe it's real. Unfortunately, if someone were to get hurt the person who set the trap would be in far more trouble then the trespasser.

Looks a bit staged, but if it is real, it's risky if someone is hurt.
Catching them on video should be enough

I saw that too. Not sure I believe it's real. Unfortunately, if someone were to get hurt the person who set the trap would be in far more trouble then the trespasser.

I agree with the notion that it may not be real. But if it was...someone setting a booby trap for someone else even someone that is trespassing, is really asking for trouble. I can't remember the name of the case, but there is a famous Iowa case from like 30 years ago where a property owner rigged a gun I think to shoot someone breaking into his shed(?). The trap setting property owner lost a lawsuit to the trespassing thief.

I agree with the notion that it may not be real. But if it was...someone setting a booby trap for someone else even someone that is trespassing, is really asking for trouble. I can't remember the name of the case, but there is a famous Iowa case from like 30 years ago where a property owner rigged a gun I think to shoot someone breaking into his shed(?). The trap setting property owner lost a lawsuit to the trespassing thief.

I remember my dad talking about that case. There may have been criminal charges too.

trespasser

Interesting, I am kind of siding with the elderly guy. He was using a logging road for access and had been doing this for many years. I believe you should always give a warning in this case, before you call someone in or take it further!! Just my belief, I have had it happen, once is forgivable, second time..., make the call and let the game warden handle it.

Interesting, I am kind of siding with the elderly guy. He was using a logging road for access and had been doing this for many years. I believe you should always give a warning in this case, before you call someone in or take it further!! Just my belief, I have had it happen, once is forgivable, second time..., make the call and let the game warden handle it.

Trespassing is trespassing anyway you look at it, of you look at the latest update from Deer and Deer Hunting he had been warned.....if you don't own it , don't be on it without permission

Trespassing is trespassing anyway you look at it, of you look at the latest update from Deer and Deer Hunting he had been warned.....if you don't own it , don't be on it without permission

Well, we actually have laws and law enforcement personnel in this country to deal with offenses like this. Taking matters into your own hands and setting a trap/bomb is a good way to cause severe injury or worse.

Hypothetical situation...How would you feel if one of your neighbors set a booby trap in their yard because they don't want anyone on their land, etc, and say your 8 year old grandson ran over into his yard and BAM, he loses an eye? Is trespassing still trespassing any way you look at it then?

Well, we actually have laws and law enforcement personnel in this country to deal with offenses like this. Taking matters into your own hands and setting a trap/bomb is a good way to cause severe injury or worse. Hypothetical situation...How would you feel if one of your neighbors set a booby trap in their yard because they don't want anyone on their land, etc, and say your 8 year old grandson ran over into his yard and BAM, he loses an eye? Is trespassing still trespassing any way you look at it then?

Hypothetically my kids are never out of my sight, I have a fenced in yard and my closest neighbor is to far away for them to get there. I teach my kids that going anywhere other than our property is not allowed without permission, regardless!

It's hard for me to feel sorry for the trespasser in this situation. There are too many liberal laws that protect the rights of lawbreakers in this country if you ask me.

You can come up with "what if" situations all day for both sides, but to me it sounds like the trespasser was given fair warning. The bottom line is the trespasser shouldn't have been there. I would personally never take it that far, but as someone who has had multiple trail cams stolen or hunts ruined by trespassers I can understand the frustrations of the landowner.

Wow that's complete crap that he wasn't charged with trespass yet they ticketed the other guy. I believe the paint bomb guy and I think the old man is lying. Obviously that paint bomb wasn't out there without prior knowledge of tresspassing because any animal would set it off. I bet it was rigged within 1 hour of it going off. He had to know he was in the wrong or else he would have called the cops. The only mistake the owner made was posting it online......

Top Bottom