Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespasser

joed

I do not know if this is the right venue for this and for those that think this does not belong here I am sorry. I am just looking for some help to identify this guy. We have had 2 cameras and 4 cards taken off of this property in Monroe Co. Maybe at the very least the guy will see this and have second thought next year. Thanks for any help.
12714-tresspasser_web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, some approve of posts like this and some do not. As far as I am concerned though, I think more of us ought to do this and ring up the trespassers. If you stay on your side of the fence you should not have a care about whether or not the neighbor is taking pictures and posting them for others to see.

I wish you luck in finding out who is on your land when they should not be.

Keep the pics coming I say!!! Also, do you have a bigger pic to zoom in from? If so, I can do some photo shop work to get a better look at the guy if you wanna email me. Heck of a deer trail there too!!

I love these threads and I hate trespassers but he really could be a first time hunter, doesn't know the ground, separated from his party(babysitters) and in desperation walking towards gunshots or the sound of a road...just maybe.

I don't mind tresspasser threads... I just hope you help to support the site with more than just one thread created for your own benefit. Anybody on here that can help you out probably will, you should return the favor. Good luck!!

Man, that really looks like a spot on the farm I hunt. I had to do a doubletake to make sure it wasn't me walking in front of my camera. :)

Sorry, don't know who it is, but keep these posts coming..

I don't mind tresspasser threads... I just hope you help to support the site with more than just one thread created for your own benefit. Anybody on here that can help you out probably will, you should return the favor. Good luck!!

I was thinking the same thing. One post and he is asking for favors. If I have anything worth posting I will. I do think this site has great value to the Iowa hunter. I probably should also become a member of the IBA.

I have encouraged other friends to jump on here to post tresspasser pictures. The IBA would be happy to have you.

I can't identify the tresspasser, but i'm all for postings like this. It's time for the landowners to stand up to these scumbags, and reclaim our land.

joed- you say one post and he is asking for favors? by he do you mean the guy in the picture? sorry, I am a little confused I guess:confused:

If this is in Monroe Co you should send the picture to Dallas Davis. I believe he is the CO there. He should be able do do some homework and figure out who it is. Looks like if the pic was blown up you'd be able to see his face. Hope you nail him!

Hard to tell from that pic, can anyone blow it up? Hope you find out who it is, tresspassing is bad enough, but the theft would put me over the top.

Did you get the next picture in the sequence? Is this guy up to his crotch in icy water? It would serve him right! Keep em comin!

I was thinking the same thing. One post and he is asking for favors. If I have anything worth posting I will. I do think this site has great value to the Iowa hunter. I probably should also become a member of the IBA.

Hope that didn't come across as jumping down your throat, that wasn't my intent at all. Either way, if you're running cams and enjoy your hunting I'll bet you have more to share that most would love to see. Good luck and welcome to the site! :way:

Give a litttle money to the IBA!! :way: little money and the payoff is threefold!! :D

Your thread is welcome here and many who have this problem are happy to help- we have a bad problem in many IA neighborhoods that is plain-old WRONG and it's gotta stop! Go get em! You need to send that picture to some of the folks that offered (send full size) SO they can blow up and zoom in on face. need to do that. Good luck!

I think it is fine to post them. Good luck. I think a lot of us are tired of this type of activity. The tresspassing is bad enough but now many of these violators have gone to new levels. With the numbers of cameras out these days a lot of these guys have decided to take it to the next level and steal cameras/cards. I have several friends who have had camera cards stolen. I guess these people think that just stealing a card is better than stealing the whole camera. Thanks for leaving the camera but theft is theft. If you don't put yourself in that bad situation by tresspassing you will not have to worry whether or not someone can identify you. Times have changed...you can't walk where ever you want to walk. I hope that some of these guys get the message. Maybe the public humiliation by having their picture posted will send the message that the small fines have not.

I'm all for guys posting these pics, buI do think guys are way overestimating the affect that this is having on tresspassers and poachers. If you think about it, there have only been a handful of people that have gotten their pictures taken and posted. The ones that have gotten caught are a VERY small fraction of the problem. If someone does get caught, they just get a little fine. The only thing thats going to really solve this problem is MUCH tougher tresspassing laws. I hate to keep making the same point, but I just don't think things will ever change until this happens.

trespassing

I love the posts on trespassing and I hope it leads to lobbying for strict trespassing laws. Fines are one thing, take away hunting rights and it will come to a near halt

The tresspassing issue was brought up at the IBA Members meeting last weekend. Several of us wanted the IBA board, their lobbyist and the high ranking DNR officials there know what a problem it has become and that we are in favor of a change in law to strengthen tresspassing charges. No one was against increasing fines or damages for being charged. The only thing mentioned was that many times when a DNR officer or Deputy is called out to issue a tresspassing violation, the landowner will back off after they are there or before the court date and refuse to press charges. We need everyone that makes that call to be ready to take it to the extreme and press the charges to the extent. Even if that takes a day in court. With more charges being completely followed through, it would give us more leg to stand on to help increase the penalty.

I plan on speaking with my legislators about the need for increased tresspassing penalties and see if I can get others to do so as well. Maybe I can even get the IBA and the Farm Bureau to back some sort of bill to be introduced. I know I am not alone in being sick and tired of constant tresspassing on my land and plan to do something about it, both on the legal end as well as increased surveilance and full prosecution when caught. With our numbers and clout, I'm confident we can get something done to make Iowa more like some of our neighboring states where you definitely do NOT want to tresspass. Increased penalty will most definetely lead to lower occurance, especially after a few lucky offenders get the book thrown at them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom