Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespasser's are back

I think the 1st and 3rd pictures are the same guy. the 2nd picture is an older guy and looks to be the same as the 4th picture.

No outfitters in the area that I know of. Yeah it could be just two individuals, I thought maybe 3 based on a series of 20 or so photos over a 3-4 days, but definitely more than one. Sent from my iPhone using IW

Last edited:
What county is this in if you dont mind asking.. I am having troubles in Cerro Gordo, but the guys do not look the same

Blow up there pictures and laminate them. Post them around the farm along with a business card from the local game warden. State the officer has been notified and property is being monitored. Trespassers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I would definitely put a note on the treestands, also take the pic(s) into your local archery shops and see if they can identify. I'd be polite about it at first - pry a case of not knowing property lines. Not saying thats a reason to trespass, but I wouldnt go into it 'guns blazing'. You could end up forming a friendship out of it and they'll respect your property lines better.

I would pattern them and once you have that down- get your ground blind near by and get em! Kidding aside cause that would be dangerous now a days with all the crazies- I would do the sign idea and put some no trespass/ private ground signs on your tree stand and near by on the access points

Last edited:
I'd take their stand down and leave it and a note at the base of the tree. If it went back up or showed up again I'd do the same thing but cut the straps into pieces. If I found it again it would be mine. Those picks would be all over the area too.

I guess I wasn't sure if it was their stand or yours?

Either way the stand would be gone, with a note that we have you on camera saying this was your first warning and now the warden will be dealing with you if you come back.

Looks like he's carrying a meat processing kit in the last pic. Maybe he killed one and left his bow and walked back to his vehicle and got the kit.
That sounds like a good guess. I was thinking laptop/ipad case. Looks like a cushion already in the stand with the bow to me, or could be a gear pack.

Cut the straps on the stand almost through

I was thinking of some booby traps as well, but lawsuit is probably likely. Probably better to just post it up with signage/pictures, or hang and hunt so they don't have the stand to sit in.

I agree with MN Hunter but, hang them on the treestands they were using.
Maybe the pictures will also act as decoys for when you are there, but guess the area may already be burnt out from their activity.

I would definitely put a note on the treestands, also take the pic(s) into your local archery shops and see if they can identify. I'd be polite about it at first - pry a case of not knowing property lines. Not saying thats a reason to trespass, but I wouldnt go into it 'guns blazing'. You could end up forming a friendship out of it and they'll respect your property lines better.

If this is the case, the landowner of where they are supposed to be must provide stands for them. They must know it's not their stand, right?

Call the warden and give him the photos, they are hard to catch but it does happen. We told the warden about a trespasser that shot 2 big deer off of our lease over a 4 year period. A friend saw him dragging one out of our woods, he tried to follow him but got caught behind traffic. The warden caught him and a friend in late ML season, found his parked truck and sat on it about mid morning. They finally came out of the woods, have not seen them since. We thought the warden had forgot about him.

They are carrying seat cushions. That's pretty inconsiderate of you not to have left your's in the tree for their fata**es!

i cant see the pics.....any ideas

also, one guy asked if there were any outfitters in the area, curious what difference that would make?

Post the pics as I did last year with some Michigan guys. There is no presumption of privacy in public per the supreme court. Its like a virtual wanted poster....LOL

I have the Covert MMS cameras that send the pic to your email or smart phone...I have one just sittin around.

also, one guy asked if there were any outfitters in the area, curious what difference that would make?

For one, not all outfitters are created equal. Unfortunately, I think some out there take advantage of Iowa's lame tresspassing fines. Also, if an outfitter is sending clients in to RC's land, that would explain why numerous hunters would not be afraid of a camera. The outfitter may well be sending clients in to land he does not have leased and they (the clients) would likely never know!

Shameful, but plausible.

For one, not all outfitters are created equal. Unfortunately, I think some out there take advantage of Iowa's lame tresspassing fines. Also, if an outfitter is sending clients in to RC's land, that would explain why numerous hunters would not be afraid of a camera. The outfitter may well be sending clients in to land he does not have leased and they (the clients) would likely never know!

Shameful, but plausible.

Definitely plausible...I know of a situation exactly like this, although the one I am familiar with occurred several years ago now. The kaff, kaff, "outfitter", would drop people off at the road bordering land he did NOT have permission to be on and then pick up the unsuspecting hunters later after the hunt. To my knowledge, the actual hunter(s) never knew they were trespassing.

The "outfitter" knew the landowner(s) though and knew that on particular days they were not likely to be there, etc, and would take advantage of that knowledge and charge dupes quite a bit of change for the privilege of hunting prime private property, etc. They guy I knew about though did get caught at this game and to my knowledge is no longer an "outfitter", but it sure wouldn't surprise me to learn that someone else in this world ran the same scam somewhere.

Top Bottom