Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespassers?

buckshotxx

I am leasing 240 acres of Timber that butts up against a public park that is closed to hunting.I am having trouble with people trespassing onto the property through the park and hunting the back side of this leased land. Does anyone have any ideas on how to protect the land from trespassers.
frown.gif

I would suggest setting up a trail camera.....It worked for me !!!!!!
How can you deny it when you a photographed right next to a no trepassing sign.....Good Luck !

my question is, if they are coming through the park that you can't hunt, how are they carrying a weapon through it. if that is the case, I would contact somebody who is a park ranger or something and have them keep an eye out for people slipping weapons into the park
smile.gif
Maybe I misread it too, that could be the case, but i would think if they are coming through the park, then they are doing something there highly illegal also, maybe a park ranger would be interested in it
confused.gif

The only problem is that the park has serveral entrances and has alot of people in there who fish and use the hiking trails year round. It is hard to tell what trespassers the vehicles belong to.

That is too bad that people just don't have respect for other people's property. Those hunters are giving the rest of us a bad image.
mad.gif

If I was in your shoes this is how I would take care of your problem.
This happens all the time, I would try to catch him in the tree, let him tell you why hes hunting your leased property, and I'll guarntee he used to hunt it and maybe help you out by thinning out a few does. You gotta give up the area for your hunting but take a cruise an hour after dawn and an hour before dusk, You'll get him, its guarnteed. Prosecute if you feel need be. I wouldn't prosecute anybody I would slave them for a day fixing fence or whatever needed to be done for a day. That way the poor guy that can't afford leased property don't pay the state BS money. Work em' if ya catch them. AN hour after dawn and an hour before dusk, thats what I would do and my 2 cents..

Two words, "BEAR TRAPS"!!!!!!!!!! The big ones with sharp teeth. I guarantee the trespasser will be there when you show up, unless he chews his leg off! Just kidding. I have found that printing off a paper explaining you will prosecute anyone found trespassing, then laminating it and putting it in your stand works very well. Makes them pretty uncomfortable. I also remove my last 3 screw in steps to ward off any un-prepared stand jumpers.

I had big signs made (like yield signs) that says "private property,cameras in use, no traspassing". It seems to help.

I know that in the state of Missouri one of the local county papers has a section dedicated to landowners telling people that they do not have permission to hunt their ground. And they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It looks just like the want ads. It lists their names and farms. And like LIV said, I would contact the Park Ranger first, the DNR, and the local PD. I know with the Urban Hunt there are very strict Rules and Regs about transporting firearms in the parks. Bows have to be cased, and you have to obtain a permit from the Ranger. Otherwise it is a criminal offense!

Top Bottom