Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trigger herbicide

goatman

I hunt days ending in Y
Has any of you used the generic brand of Select called Trigger? I'm going to try it or is it also a waste of time like the Poast Plus?

[ QUOTE ]
Has any of you used the generic brand of Select called Trigger? I'm going to try it or is it also a waste of time like the Poast Plus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trigger is a generic version of Select so it has no comparison to Poast.

Select and Trigger both contain clethodim which is the active ingredient.

Trigger label

Remember to use crop oil and/or any other surfacants per the label instructions.

Some other generics

When using any herbicide with clethodim as the active, make sure that it was formulated and packaged no longer than 12 months before. Clethodim degrades at a hight rate, and anything after 12 months old may very well likely be less than half the active in it than what the label claims.

Did you have problems with your Poast Plus? I've used it alot and had great success with it.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check the date out when I get it. I did use Poast Plus at the max rate with 32% and crop oil and didn't get anything killed. The grass was probably 5" high when I sprayed. I'm going to mow it wait a week and try the Trigger.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check the date out when I get it. I did use Poast Plus at the max rate with 32% and crop oil and didn't get anything killed. The grass was probably 5" high when I sprayed. I'm going to mow it wait a week and try the Trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you use the 32% in place of AMS or did you put on a high dose of nitrogen for something?

The reason the Poast probably didn't work is the 32% burned the grass a little and didn't let the poast do its job.

[ QUOTE ]
I did use the 32% in place of the AMS. Should I have used the AMS? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

No, replacing AMS with 32% is alright. Alot of growers with smaller pull type sprayers do it because the AMS eats up their pumps.

If you had a higher rate of 32%, that would be why your poast didn't work, it would have burnt the grass and wouldn't allow it to take in the poast. Really don't know why it didn't work, it is generally a pretty decent product.

[ QUOTE ]
it is generally a pretty decent product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I make the stuff!

What's the difference between Poast and Poast Plus? The % of active ingredient?

Yes Poast Plus is 13% AI and Poast is 18%. I believe Poast Plus uses a different emulsifier than Poast as well.

Top Bottom