Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Triple beard stalk bowkill

Hillwalker

Finally after 2 misses from a blind earlier in the season trying for headshots I finally connected Saturday at 10:15 a.m. After getting wind blown in the blind my son and I thought about heading in the timber for a peak around. We spotted a couple of hens and what we thought was a jake on a ridge in the timber so back to the blinds we went to get the bows. This time I nocked a stealforce broadhead and with the wind blowing so hard we thought to try a stalk on them. they were on the downside of a saddle in the timber so we spread out and tired to come up over on them. The hens spooked and flew then 2 Toms ran towards my son and he almost got a shot but they flew also. I thought it was over but stayed still and one was still in strut but got nervous and started walking away. I let out a couple yelps and turned him back. I drew as he went behind a small bush and when he came out I had about a 20 yard down hill shot. My green pin settled right behind the white of his wing and I touched it off. The arrow hit good and he did a short fly down hill about 20 yards and stopped dead and never moved again. After some whopping and high five we went and checked him out. The arrow went right above the legs in the hip area. He has 3 beards 2 of which are thin and about 5 inches long. The bird weighed about 21 pounds but the spurs were only 1/2 to 3/4 inch. i couldn't believe I even got a shot let alone a perfect one. Now my son really is fired up to finish our season. So will try for his again this evening. Here are some pics.

holy cow, i bet that was a rush, congratulations on an awesome hunt!!!
smile.gif

Great Job!
waytogo.gif

I tried the same thing on Saturday. Left the blind and did a stalk on a bird that was gobbling his head off.

Took a 40 yard poke at him that I estimated at about 30.
confused.gif

Long story short...arrow stuck in a log after flying right under his beard.
blush.gif

Top Bottom