Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

tripod deer stand/bowhunting

stuffy

Has anyone ever used a tripod tree stand while bowhunting? I have a section of a timber, bordered by a fenceline, of course without suitable trees for a tree stand.
There is enough trees there to place one of these tripod stands, and possibly blend in pretty good. I know a ground blind would also work, but sometimes I like to be a little higher.
Just wondering if they work okay.

Yes, if you have good background cover, I also will put some camo netting around me and brush it in really good, main thing is to not get skylined. If you will do that it works really nice, but it does limit your shooting to about 180 degrees. Hope this helps.

I tried it before and felt it would be very easy for the deer to pick me off if I tried to draw my bow. It seemed like a good idea at first because the tripod was set up into the center of a giant cedar tree and I felt it would give me plenty of cover. Once I started hunting out of it I didn't like it at all. It just wasn't high enough for the amount of cover that I had. I guess you could make it work if you brushed in in really good. After my attempt, I would opt for a ground blind over a tripod. I've never been busted drawing a bow while in a ground blind.

Yes, I have two tripods. I think they are underated give it a try. I would like to get one of the lightweight portable versions just find a brushy edge and bury it you wont be 20' in the air but if you watch the wind and your movement you'll be fine use an open pattern camo like Predator or ASAT.

Top Bottom