Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tripple 7 with nikon omega scope

kevpann

PMA Member
I have switched to tripple 7 powder and bought a new omega scope. I have been told that a 150 grains of pyrodex is about equal to 100 grains of 777 and it should be a real close load to go with new scope. Oh ya shooting a 250 grain hornady sst. Just wanna make sure this is correct. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and sight in!

I always thought 777 and pyrodex were similar in weight/volume/power of charges. If you want to use the BDC reticle, I think you will need to use 150 grains of 777...not 100% sure but that is what I was told this past weekend

Pellets are the same but it is my understanding that the 777 loose is about 15% hotter than pyrodex loose.

I think the 777 pellets are actually smaller than the pyrodex pellets. It says 50 grain equivalent on the box. You can stil get by with 3 pellets of 777. Not sure about loose powder.

I shoot three 50 gr. 777 pellets with a hornady sst bullet and have good groups with my nikon omega BDC scope out my encore...

You should be punching out the center ring in no time!

I shot one of these "BDC" scopes last weekend for the first time. No thanks. Too much effort wasted on trying to figure out the yardage when you can sight a scope in (somewhere around 3 inches high at a hundred yards, depending on powder load and weight of bullet would be my guess for a ML) for maximum point blank range and hold dead on. Just my preference, why make it harder than it needs to be?

Top Bottom