Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trophy pics

OneCam

ruddbow wrote . . .

A good friend of mine shot this buck in November of 2002. I finally got to take some pics of him and thought some would enjoy him. I talked with my buddy the first day he saw this bad boy. He drew and shot in front of him at dusk (waited an hour and a half to get down)....was disgusted and went back the next day.....no buck...then on third day he was there way before dawn and heard him....didn't come into a shooting lane and was leaving.....my buddy rattled and the buck came like wildfire...he didn't have time to put his bow hand through his wrist sling and in the process dropped the rattle bag. Had a good clean kill shot and recovery was easy. A great Iowa Whitetail and I still think he is the luckiest B#$@* around.

KENNY4.jpg

KENNY.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures,

OneCam

ruddbow,

I like the pallmation on that right beam. Tell your buddy congrats on the nice buck and thanks for sharing the pics. Did he have a chance to put a tape on it? Just curious what it scored.

Nonres

I believe after the drying time in the 170's. His body was big to match. He has some b/w photos of him after the hunt. I will try and locate them as well.

ruddbow,
What a great deer. Love the palmation and split brows. Any chance he took pictures before it was caped? Were was this deer shot. I have a farm around Brooklyn that I hunt. Never seen anything quite like that, be nice to know if he roamed the same area. Super Deer!!

moleson

Nice Pics!!!! I'm not computer literate enough to send the pics I got over the internet .

moleson, The black & white photos show his body pretty decent. This buck was shot down south near Bloomfield (go figure) He did manage to harvest another monster in 1999 that was in this area (Poweshiek cty). Scored in the 150's-160's. I'll hit him up on the pics soon.

kenny992[1].jpg

Just no end to these nice Iowa deer.

Stingray, don't worry about it. We don't expect much from a pole climber.
grin.gif

Top Bottom