Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trophy Room/Bar.....

KANSAN

PMA Member
Okay guys - let's say you have a chance to take a sheet-rocked, attached single car garage and convert it into a nice, cozy trophy room/den with sheds and mounts all over the place, along with putting in a bar. How would you go about doing it, what are some good ways to save money, and how much would a person be looking at spending, realistically? Preferably, a budget-based plan that can still come out looking pretty kick arse?

Sounds like you are begining a fun project JODY!

If it were me the first thing I would do is skip the bar....I love beer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif and what not, but all the people who I know that have a bar usually end up using it for storage or to place junk on. They also take up a ton of space. Thats just my opinion of course.

The other thing I would do is 3/4 inch ply wood the whole room if possible, this will allow you to move heads wherever you want without constantly trying to locate a stud etc.... Maybe to late to do that if the sheetrock is already up. For a shed freak like you I would definately put a ledge around the whole thing to display sheds.

Cost? I dont have any idea, but I would guess around 10K for flooring, wood, TV, couch ....it would all add up pretty fast.

I have a wood ceiling in mine that I think is pretty mint.

Anyway, good luck and make sure you post pics of the finished project. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif To bad you don't leave more towards NC KS, we could hook up for brewsky in NOV. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

One more thing I thought of. You might consider somehow covering your garage door with some sort of removable wall. That way if you want to get a big caribou or a Swamp Donkey in there some day it will not be an issue. Plus you could then use the area to hang mounts on as well. Might be a little tricky, but it could be done.

When I shot a moose I had to have my builder come over and remove teh window you see in the picture in order to get him in the house. The caribou fit barely down my stairs. This pic also show the wood we used pretty nicely. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Forgot the pic. As to having beer readily available...thats what wifes are for! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
308game_room_3.JPG

Something I've allways figured I'd put in mine if I built a "Man Cave" is a tree or two. Not the whole thing, just a treated trunk, vertically mounted to the floor and ceiling. You could hang a couple tree stands on each one for extra seating, plus hang other "trophies" on them. Give the place an outdoorsy look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jody, do not listen to DOR, you need a bar. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dang Qweens fans anyhow!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Wow, I am just about done converting my garage into a man cave. I removed the overhead door, framed it in with a walkout door. Framed and sheetrocked the interior ran more outlets etc. Put up pine carsiding at the bottom of west wall for lodge touch. Ready to put carpet in any day. To save a ton of money I would say do all the work you can your self. I have done all my my self. Leaving the only expense being materials. I will have about $1100 in my room all said and done. It not as hard as it sounds. I will try to get some pics for you. If sheetrock is already up the hard part is done. Any questions feel free.

DOR I must admit that is one fine looking man cave and I like it. Save money on gas, buy a metro and build your self one bad ass man cave. I like it. Great Job. Did I mention I like it?

Thanks Scotton

Iowa1....maybe in my younger years...but thats a piano that my daughter "overplayed". /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jody, do not listen to DOR, you need a bar. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Don't worry about your bar becoming a place to "store" stuff. If you make her nice enough the only thing you'll be storing is enough booze to make drinks for your buddies!

Here's a look at mine /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

2464Bar1.jpg

holy smokes Willie!

are those baskets full of bottle corks????

seriously T-Roy is right on, when is the Party!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you make her nice enough the only thing you'll be storing is enough booze to make drinks for your buddies!</div></div>

Sooooooooo, hows a guy get on that buddy list? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Great looking man caves guys! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy smokes Willie!

are those baskets full of bottle corks????

</div></div>

The wife and I went to Wine Country for our honeymoon ten years ago. We went there not being serious wine drinkers but things can change /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif. Ever since our honeymoon we've kept every wine/champagne cork we've pulled from the bottle /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Teeroy, I'll have to do an inventory. I doubt I have any PBR or Old Mil. That's what you boys over there drink right??? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .. we've kept every wine/champagne cork we've pulled from the bottle ... </div></div>

Instead of quarters in the jar?

Top Bottom