Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Rest

Shredder

Life Member
I want to get your opinions on this rest from those of you who use it. I am going to make the switch in a couple of weeks (after the Iowawhitetail Hog Hunt) and want to know the ups and downs of the rest. I have the QT 4000 rest now and it makes too much noise as the the arrow slides on the prongs and putting moleskin on it screws my adjustability. I bought the Trophy Ridge Dropzone and did not like it on the Hoyt I shoot. What are your opinions, good and bad.

shredder - i shoot a normal trophy taker and i love it. i like not having to worry about hand torque on the arrow and such. if you go with the shakey hunter make sure you put felt on the prongs as they are loud when you pull an arrow over them.

Shredder,

I use the trophy taker shaky hunter. In my opinion it is the best piece of equipment on my bow. It makes tuning a breeze. And with the shaky hunter, the arrow will not fall off the rest which is nice while in a tree stand. I have placed mole skin on my prongs as well as on my shelf to silence the sound it makes when the rest hits the shelf. In my book, I wouldn't use any other product. These are great.

Love mine. Wouldn't have anything else on my bow.
waytogo.gif

mole

I just switched from a TM hunter rest to a Trophy Taker last week and I have noticed a huge improvement in my groups (especially with broadheads). Didn't go with the shakey hunter model but it should work just as well.

I'm with Shredder - wondering about these rests. I will give them a try but...........I want to shoot 3D's this spring - which one is best for 3D and hunting. The shakey hunter or the trophy taker. Is one better for 3D's or vice versa?

bouncefire.gif

I shoot the normal trophy taker also. I have a small piece of mole skin on the front. Firedog, either one would work fine. I have been considering switching to the shaky hunter just because your arrow will rest on it that much easier. Both work the same though.
busted.gif

I went to the Shakey Hunter this year and it made a huge difference in how I shoot. I've never tried another fall away rest, but I don't know how they can get any better.

I put one on last spring and it ROCK"S!!!It is so much more forgiving to hand torqe and stuff.My shooting and confidence went straight up.Highly recommened!!!!It's also made out of all metal,it's almost unbreakable.Like muddy said though,make sure you put some moleskin on it cause being all metal it is a little noisey.
waytogo.gif

I agree that this is a great rest. I started using the original TT last year, switching from the QT3000. I was going to buy the shakey hunter model, but wasn't crazy about the big lizard tongue. The guys at CIA recommended the original. I haven't been disappointed with it.

It's great for 3D and hunting. What I like about it is that I can put a lot of helical on the fletch. I could tell a big difference with my broadhead groups.

Phantom

Does anybody have a link so we can look at what your talking about,or someone post apicture with the regular and one with the shaky>Thanks!!!

I use Trophy Takers on all my hunting and target bows. (regular launcher for target and shakey hunter for hunting) I've been extremely happy with them and highly recommend them. Now I am patiently waiting for the new sight they introduced at the ATA.

I've noticed that you can buy these with or with out the micro adjust. $25 diference, have you or would you go with the micro adjust and why?

I have heard that there is no need for the micro adjust. Then again I'm still using that cheesy whisker biscuit. Man I need to switch soon.
doah.gif

I too would pass on the Micro-Adjust. Really no need for it. Trophy Takers have some good reference marks molded in and are easy to adjust in small amounts. I'm not a fan of micro-adjust on anything hunting related. Too many small screws and parts to come loose and rattle.

Top Bottom