Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trper's Late Season Muzzleloader Buck

Awsome buck!!Way to go, what a tuff year to hunt late muzzleloader.I'm intrested also in your story on this deer.They were very spread out and hard to pattern this year.
Congratulation's!!

beerchug.gif

Congrats on a dandy buck. I guess the new encore paid off for ya. I'm in the hunt for a ML this spring. Yep. giving up shotgunning. Anyway lets hear the story on the old boy.

Thanks everyone. As I said in one of my earlier posts there was a side of me that just about let him walk. I have been a very die hard bow hunter over the years and have just not made black powder a priority. This is my first with the thunder stick! Most of the deer I had been patterning were moving around 2 to 3 p.m. I put myself in position down in a gulley with the wind in my favor at around 2 p.m. As I was walking in I spotted a mature buck about twice the size of the one I shotl. I only saw him for a brief couple of seconds and then he disapeared like a grey ghost. At about 3 p.m. I spotted several does headed towards me and the buck in the picture. He walked down into the ditch, came up out of it right in front of me at 50 yards. That's all she wrote! He dropped in his tracks and never moved. I drove my truck right to the spot and did the dirty work. It was a gorgeous day and I had a blast. My 45th birthday I will always remember because of this special hunt. Yeah, maybe he would have been bigger next year but sometimes ya just have to do what makes ya feel good! There are at least two dozen other deer that got a free pass this year so I feel good with my practice of QDM. Thanks again everyone especially you Tony for the kind words.

A great supporter of this site in so many different ways we can't say enough about member "trper" and his "first ever" late season muzzleloader buck.

He harvested the buck on his birthday and like he says the experience made his heart go "thump, thump, thump" and that's what counts.

Congrats!

We love the black and white look, the buck even has split brow tines, cool.

KTomsBuck.jpg

Get a hold of the fat kid in the basement of your office. He has a picture of the buck I shot on Jan. 7th. Shot him at 62 yards with my Knight .45 caliber. All the deer were going to water. Good buck Ken.

Have him also give you my work e-mail address and you e-mail me if he doesn't have the picture to show you. I will attach it and send it back to you. Take Care: Full-Strut

Nice work sounds like a great hunt. Just getting into black powder my self... Another way to extend the hunting season. Great buck!

Top Bottom