Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Truck Load of Bucks

OLETOM

I know this isn't from Iowa but still a very good day of hunting anywhere!

Apparently the top two bucks were shot opening day in WI and the other 6 were shot on a single drive later in the week.

Truck%20Load%20of%20Bucks.jpg

I would like to see either of the bottom two walk past my bow stand.

that looks like they had a hell of a week thats defenitly a truck load of racks cant say i've seen that before great picture
beerchug.gif

Mixed emotions on a picture like that. Granted those are great deer and they put in the work but sights like that are what make people in the middle crinkle up their nose and say "yuck". I used to work in an Illinois Deer Check station and I never did like to see people driving around "displaying" their deer in such a manner. At least in this situation the people could throw a tarp over everything so the non-hunters and anti's wouldn't be offended.

Still, that is a HELL of a day.

Muddy, I know what you are saying about display of deer in the back of a truck like shown in the picture. But I believe that the picture was taken just before the deer were registered and by law in wisconsin you must have some portion of the deer visible to others until you register them. Not that I agree with the wording of the law or why they even have such a law considering the anti's and even people in the middle who don't mind deer hunting but don't want to see a dead deer in front of their bumper while driving down the road. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, deer like that are like rats up here in Wisconsin. But not a lot of folks know it, because we don't go pimpin' ourselves in outdoor magazines like you saps in Iowa and Illinois.
smile.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Sorry, deer like that are not like rats in Wisconsin. From all the green in the picture they are either game farm deer or from the CWD eradication zone. ( Maybe that is why the license plate is crooped out of the picture)

Just my two cents. Deano

I totally get mixed emotions on that picture, first congrats on the successful trip, second, should we save some for others heheheh
That like the whole buck population in one area lol

Correction to the state law in WI, you are no longer required to have a portion of the deer showing when in transport.

Also, I thought the article in the outdoors section, or on another email, these deer were from the northern portion of the state. In the brothers 25-30 years of hunting, they have never had a season like this one.

Ya, on the display, it could easily piss some people off.

Still one hellofa day for hunting.

From what I know, CWD zone tags are yellow. I'm not sure if game farm tags are different from regular season tags, but I'd imagine they are. These deer are tagged with blue tags, which are the correct color for the 2002 gun and bow regular season tags.

Hell of a hunt anywhere!

As for the anti's,They can readum and weap.

Last gun season in Iowa a fellow hunter showed me a pic of the deer his party got.There were about 12 like theones in this pic.He told me where they got them and believe me they earned them.

Good group of deer anywhere. I figured they just loaded them like that to stage the photo.
Downtown IA City, this one offends the anti's, Northern WI, people gather to take photos.

Great Collection of trophy bucks. I can see where the anti hunters would not like this. My opinion to the anti's, look the other way, this is the American heritage at its best, family and friends enjoying the outdoors and taking trophy bucks. Great job to all of those who have had a successful season!!!!!!!

I guess I'd feel better about it if driving deer had to be done with spears. But its all legal, so it's all good. I guess I'm not much on "collective hunting". It might also mean I just selfish!
rambo.gif

I saw that picture in the Lacrosse (wis) Tribune. The rumor I heard was they were taken south of Lacrosse. If that's true, I'll bet they all swam acroos the river from Iowa.
beerchug.gif

Just kidding..............just kidding

Just wondering what you guys think. If you study the picture carefully it looks like the three hogs on the bottom are for real and the rest are faked. One on top right looks more like a mounted head while the one to its left looks out of scale for the pic. The one to the left of it looks like another mount, why is its ear not laying down? Could be wrong on this, but its cool even if it is faked!

I think IALUVFROMMO is on to something...... if there are eight mature bucks in the back of that truck and they are not even above the side of the bed they have to be some of the thinnest bucks around (must be that CWD)..... where would the bucks up front and on top bodies be placed......... I too think there are some mounts mixed in there...... pretty tricky photo.......
tongue.gif

Cornfed,

Could be that some had been caped out already, but I do think some are mounts...... but boy would I have liked to have laid the aluminum on one of the two pigs on the bottom!

Top Bottom