Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

True $ value of a NR Tag

Magnus, the tranferrable tag system in Kansas was discontinued two years ago. In Kansas the non-resident landowner has the same privilege as a resident for the most part. To answer the above view that Iowa and IL, KS have nothing in common, that view is very short-sighted. Can you believe that less than twenty years ago Kansas didn't allow non-resident hunting and rifle hunting buck tags for residents was by draw only?! Granted, Kansas does not have the large deer population of IA and IL -- although our legislature seems to not know this -- BUT, back then Kansas' deer herd boasted a large percentage of mature bucks -- not any more... The quality of the hunt on public and much private land has diminished drastically, all for the almighty $$$. The exact same thing will happen in IA, and allowing non-resident rights ($$$) to rule over the basic rights of residents on any scale will be the beginning of the end. It's happened again and again in all midwest states, why would IA be any different?

Last edited:
If I purchased land in the hopes that Iowa would change their laws for me, I'd be a little salty too. I guess I don't understand why they sell their doe tags for such an outrageous price, but beyond that the non-resident LO has nothing to cry about. There are alot of states out there that produce top-end mature deer that would allow you to hunt every season. If you don't like the laws in Iowa it would be simple to pull up stakes and purchase elsewhere.....you actually don't have any stakes to pull, just sell and buy in a state that doesn't need to change it's rules/regs to appease you.

this seems simple enough to me.

For all of you deer hunters, resident and nonreisdent alike, that want to be organized to fight this rush to kill the Iowa deer hunting traditions, the answer is on the way. No more for now.

Last edited:
I just cant believe how selfish some people are. It's obvious the people that argue for more liberal non resident landowner tags are people who are trying to increase the value of their property. As an outsider looking in it is so clear to see the reason why Iowa has the quality hunting that it has and people still continue argue against the obvious. Money has a funny way of making good people seem otherwise. I also dont buy into the arguement that non resident landowners claim they should have resident hunting rights because they pay property taxes. I would love for these non resident landowners to let us know how much their property taxes are a year. Everyone knows that the land tax structure is set up in a way to allow our farmers(generally land owners) the ability to compete and make a profit. Timber land and farmland is taxed at very low levels. I wouldn't say the non resident landowner who is paying $200 of propetry taxes a year for his 160 acres is doing much to qualify him for special benefits. Anyways, stay strong Iowa. I look forward to drawing a tag every three years and getting a chance to hunt your quality deer herd. Don't let these selfish, money hungry people have any influence in how you guys choose to manage your deer.

For all of you deer hunters, resident and nonreisdent alike, that want to be organized to fight this rush to kill the Iowa deer hunting traditions, the answer is on the way. No more for now.

What's that supposed to mean???:confused:

Top Bottom