Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trying to pass this last week before the season opener...

My brother was picking up rocks in one of our fields this weekend and found a rock that had some interesting markings on it. My thoughts were that it may be some kind of Indian grinding stone but I am probably way off. Does anyone know what could have made these circles on this rock? Just trying to pass this week as fast as possible and getting my mind off of hunting might help. haha here are the pictures.
DSC04676.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

DSC04678.jpg

DSC04679.jpg

DSC04680.jpg

Collected thousands of artifacts and never seen one like this. Have several mortar stones and pestles. Nothing similar in my books. Guessing it held something up for a long time. First thot is a gate base for temporary corrals. Grinding stones are formed from center out. Also they shaped the outside first. I'll post a pic of a lap mortar from the paleo or early archaic period. You can clearly see it was contoured to be used in someones lap while grinding. Try to get them on today........ck

I had a 5 gallon bucket of my very best artifacts stolen by a guy I thot was my friend. I know for a fact he stole them. His initials are A.P.. Lives in eastern audubon county but frequents all surrounding. Drives a black camaro and silver lowered gmc pick-up. This guy knows hundreds of people so i'm betting he knows someone here. I'm posting this because I'm hoping he will somehow see it and know that I still mean to have them back, one way or the other. He's a douchebag who has stolen artifacts from others as well. So if you know this guy, let him know I haven't forgotten. Far as I'm concerned, finding them returned some morning outside my garage would be great...........ck

Top Bottom