Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tuning Broadheads

Rackaddict

Life Member
I've been trying to tune my broadheads to fly the same as my field tips. I'm getting closer. Lots of good tuning information from Easton and others. My Bh's were high and center. Easton charts says to raise the nocking point so I did and went WAY to far. TINY adjustments will go a long way.

I'm going on a hog hunt this weekend and as soon as I get home it's Turkey season. I think the way things are now is where they stay other than a slight adjustment to the sight to get em dead center.

I shot one arrow with a Muzzy 100 gr.in the picture (which I'll be using for piggies)and the rest are field tips. I'm shooting expandables for turks and I don't want to making any adjustments between the two types of heads in the dark when I get home.

So what do you think? Am I close enough at this point or do I need to do some more tuning? I've busted my butt to get them this close. Any last minute tuning advice before I throw in the towel???
crazy.gif

582Broadheads_Field_Tips-med.JPG

I think if you need any more tuning than that, your way over thinking the situation. It all comes down to pulling it together in the feild.
blush.gif

I think you need to keep practicing Doug. That group is too big; you can do better than that.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Good shooting, I say you are ready.
waytogo.gif

Good luck on the hog hunt.
smile.gif

yeah, no kidding blake, those arrows aren't even touching.

icon_rolleyes[1].gif

i think i'd let well enough alone

Only concern I'd have is my broadhead not penetrating better than my field points!!
confused.gif

Other than that, it looks like there'll be pork for dinner!

893archer-thumb[1].gif

[ QUOTE ]
Only concern I'd have is my broadhead not penetrating better than my field points!!
confused.gif

Other than that, it looks like there'll be pork for dinner!

893archer-thumb[1].gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
I pulled the broadhead out a bit so it would show up in the picture.

Maybe I am over thinking it a little.
crazy.gif
ONCE upon a time I had a bow tuned so perfect that I could shoot a FT, pull it out, screw in a broadhead and put it in the same hole. It was awesome while it lasted. That's what I'm trying to get back to now.
wall.gif

Ahhh...the joy of instinctive shooting! If it ain't hittin' where I'm looking, then I must not be lookin' hard enough in the right place-- It's just that simple!!
26404-archer[1].gif

I only shoot one arrow at a time, then move to a different spot. No "grouping" for me....the only way I'd ever get a Robin Hood is if an animal runs by with an arrow already in it where I want to hit!
jester.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I bet you had a fun time pulling the broadhead out of that bag target
blush.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much shredded now. The broadheads go out the back and I unscrew them before I pull them out. Besides it's not my target, It belongs to my neighbor.
grin.gif

I tweaked my sight today and got them shooting dead ringers. First the broadhead and then the field tips. All five arrows in the center ring.

nono.gif
NO MORE TOUCHY THE BOW STUFF!!!

Muddy, say something! One more post and you're at 5000!!!
yay.gif

I think you got some more tuning to do. In the photo the nocks were at different angles to each other. Some are horizontal, some are verticle and some are in between. I'd think, as presicse as you are being, that you'd want all the arrows to spin the exact number of times and impact the target so all the nocks, or cock feathers, are pointed in the exact same direction.

How many hours have you spent tuning your bow and when can you come to Iowa and do mine? For free?

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom