Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey decap - graphic pics

muddy

Buddy of mine layeth the smacketh down on this big old bird. He says he's registered on IW, we'll see if he posts the story.

MAck2.JPG

No need to chase that one down and kill it with a big stick! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeraddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The guilletines?(sp) </div></div>

Yes sir.

The blood spatter on the decoy is absolutely classic. As I was running down a bird Bruce Jenner style this morning while wielding a large stick, it did occur to me that these Gullotines might be worth a look. Congrats on a smack down by anybody's standards!

Hey everyone. I've been a gawker of this website for quite some time and after shooting this bird, I decided to log on. Thanks to Matt for posting the pics. I guess I'll include a brief story...

Last year was my first year bowhunting these critters and I actually Guillotined one, but didnt get a complete cut and had to do a little tracking. This year obviously had a different ending. I shot him Saturday morning in NE Iowa. I was set up in a grass field and heard one gobble in the strong wind. I gave a series of calls followed by a gobble. I immediately heard another gobble and didnt think much of it because it sounded a ways off. However, the wind had been tricking me because I peeked out the window of my double bull and saw him on a full run across the field. He balled up at 30 yards and struted in to the B-Mobile and payed no attention to the hen deek. After nudging the fake opponent around, I'd had all I could take. I let the stick fly at 8 yards as he was facing me in full strut. This was followed by a small geyser, a head rolling, and him tipping over backwards doing the chicken flop. I put my bow down and just started laughing...probably the coolest thing I've experienced while hunting.

I'm sold on the Guillotines. I practice each year by hanging bananas from from fishing line under a sawhorse. Good luck to everyone else this year and hopefully I'll have another pic/story yet this spring.

I'm sold! I've heard that you have to leave those plastic sheathes on the razors or they won't fly worth a damn. Any truth to that rip?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -DannyBoy-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sold! I've heard that you have to leave those plastic sheathes on the razors or they won't fly worth a damn. Any truth to that rip? </div></div>

Yep its true!

Yeah, its true. My buddy and I found some better sheathes though. We went to Aero Rental and bought some smaller diameter straws that fit right on...no need to use the adhesive tape.

Top Bottom